Flowering 2 plants - Difference

kimchikush

hey everyone, its been awhile..
I flipped these ladies to 12/12/ at august 20th.
LEFT side was accidentally fimmed
RIGHT side was topped correctly.
whats up with the underdeveloped flowers on the left scrog?.. the fimmed plant.
they are the same genetics (florida gold)
the topped plant looks real good, she's getting amber hairs right now but the fimmed one has barely any amber
also the hair thickness is drastic.. fimmed - skinnier topped - fatty hairs.

This is my first grow, and i have only 1 tent to dry the buds. Im assuming i would have to harvest the topped one before the fimmed one right guys? if so... how would one go about this situation, having one tent and the flowers have different harvest times... thanks guys.
:Namaste:

IMG_48103.jpg

TOPPED(RIGHT SIDE)
IMG_48124.jpg
IMG_48093.jpg
IMG_48054.jpg
IMG_480610.jpg

FIMMED(LEFT SIDE)
IMG_48116.jpg
IMG_48077.jpg
IMG_48046.jpg

I'm not sure that I will tell you usefull information, but if some plants ready for harvesting you may catch them and another plants leave for a bit growing. In any case, you have a beautiful plant for the first growing.:thumb:

Ok, in my research and I could be quite wrong, but fimming causes a different auxin pattern than topping. I have three strains, two fimmed once and one topped once. They look just like your pair. Alot of other details I'm leaving out for my girls, but fimming vs topping does make plants grow differently. I'm planning on fimming into a scrog next grow since it seems the plant is more uniform. /shrug We'll see!

As far as drying goes, just place the harvest in a bag, box or place a piece of cardboard between them and the light to keep the bulk of your light off them as they dry. Sure thc will degrade exposed to light, but at what rate? I doubt anyone has that information, so the whole 'omg can't let my drying buds see light of day~!' is more hype than 'important'. Your buds won't hermie or go on vacation if they're drying out for 5 days in indirect light.

my plants show sex at 3.5 weeks old under 16/8 light.1000 watt hid.is this normal and how can i keep plants in veg state?

To my understanding if you're feeding them higher than recommended levels of K (phosporus) during veg, they can show pre flowers. So without any other info from you, yes it's 'normal'.
-redacted, answered by go4-

hey guys thanks for the replies,.
should i be backing off on the nutes at this point?
i been giving foxfarm big bloom and tiger bloom every other feeding.

my plants show sex at 3.5 weeks old under 16/8 light.1000 watt hid.is this normal and how can i keep plants in veg state?

are you using mh or hps by any chance?
you can keep them in veg as long as you have more light on than off. 12 hours on/12 hours off would = flowering

-redacted OT light info-

As far as your nutes go, I've never used fox farm, I went from miracle grow to dynagrow (from my veggie garden, it's ok to snicker but not too much I hope) to general hydroponics. GH can be used in hydro and soil, and my problems with soil led me to hydro, but another story there. Short answer is, I would be feeding the plants full nutes each feeding, and watch for signs of stress. Flush the plant in a few weeks, and a week before harvest and you should be fine, otherwise, feed her as much as she wants to eat. Poeple with much more experience than I have, may say differently, but for now, the strains I'm growing, have always asked for seconds once I got things settled. And being able to handle 'more nutes than normal' is a phenotype or strain characteristic. Not all plants will respond the same. So don't skip a feeding and see. If your plant is nice and healthy, keep feeding till something says stop, I say.

Flushing is running 2-3x the container size of just water through the soil to remove built up salts from the fertalizers. I haven't flushed, and I'm seeing a salt buildup and or cal/mag deficiency at week 8. A test bud didn't taste bad, so I'm not thoroghly convinced one will get chem taste from 'any' nutrient. At least with the GH, I didn't notice anything odd.

Back
Top Bottom