Flowering my first grow

Ronbo

Ok, here we go. I have 12 out of the 17 Strawberry Cough and Kush girls ready, maybe more than ready, to flower. I have built a flowering room, no light shall enter. This is what I think I've learned from the powers that be. I put them in darkness for 24 hours and then 12/12.... I haven't watered, with nutes, for at least 3 days but they don't seem thirsty, the soil is still moist 3-5 inches down. Question 1. Do I water before I put them in the dark, and/or should I just use water or water with nutes? More questions to come. BTW I will be cloning one of the ladies so get ready for the questions with that. But later. Thank you all in advance. You have gotten me this for with my first grow. I can see why I was told 20 plants is a huge undertaking but people who know me know I go big or go home. Again thank you in advance, you know who you are.

I’ve never worried about taking specific steps before the flip except making sure the plants are healthy and trimmed up a week before. Then just flip the lights and transition to Bloom nutes when you see buds. No need to overthink it.

Cloning...get a seedling mat, clear 6 Oz and 8 Oz drinking cups (WMart) and cheap rooting powder (WMart again). Crazy easy with great success.

As they flower they're going to need more nutes then they did with veg! As I see you're using soil and your watering methods got you this far, keep watering the same. Wait til fairly dry and water, with nutes
I water more in flowering than while the plant is in the vegetating stage. In the veg stage the idea is to encourage the plant to grow more roots to look for water.

Then when the plant is in flower I do not want the soil to dry out. The plant, as far as I can tell, is done growing roots except for a few small feeder roots. If I let it dry out to much the remaining roots will also dry and die.

I have experimented with this several times and find that the watering schedule is different during the flowering stage, especially after (approximately) three to four weeks. They just do not recover the way they did during the vegetating stage.

Welcome to 420!
Strawberry Cought great strain smells and tastes great!

Switching to 12/12 will be sufficient you will not need 24hrs of darkness. Try to water in the first half hour of lights on. Do not water at lights out or in the dark period.

Looking forward to seeing a few pics and maybe a journal.
:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom