Flowering on Sunday

FarmerKrinkle

Ok on Sunday they will be 4 weeks into veg and I am going to start flowering at day. Going to flush out grow nutes and add bloom and change light cycle. It there anything I should so or know before starting this process? Like what should I watch out for and all?

Ok on Sunday they will be 4 weeks into veg and I am going to start flowering at day. Going to flush out grow nutes and add bloom and change light cycle. It there anything I should so or know before starting this process? Like what should I watch out for and all?

Well, the plants are going to stretch a fair bit depending on genetics and conditions. So make sure you have room for them to go up. If not you will need to perfect a method of tying down your plants. Generally expect for your females to double in size during flowering, some strains triple in size. Also, I think an extra week of growth nutes after 12-12 doesn't hurt as the plant will still be vegging for a little while before it reacts to the change in photo-period. However changing straight to bloom nutes is commonly done as well. Flushing when you change is a good idea depending on medium. You could get away with no flush at all with coco because it is quite forgiving, but yer its prudent to do with all mediums regardless.

You might want to grab a yield enhancer/flowering stimulant/finisher etc for later in the bloom cycle. I use Canna PK 13-14 and have noticed a response, although they tell you to use it in the weeks of peak flowering so figures. I would only get one and use it sparingly, keep it simple after all. Using nothing at all extra except bloom nutes is fine too.

No flush.

For right now, just change your lights to 12/12.

Stay with the veg nutes until buds are well formed, 2-3 weeks in. The plants don't need bloom nutes until they actually have blooms and even then, do a gradual change. Like:
Week 1-veg nutes
Week 2-veg nutes
Week 3- 3/4 veg nutes, 1/4 bloom nutes
Week 4- 1/2 veg, 1/2 bloom
Week 5- 1/4 veg, 3/4 bloom
Week 6 on, all bloom

When adding the nutes together, make sure the total amount is not more than what you've been using. Be careful not to over nute.

This flushing and going to a high P bloom nute as soon as you flip to 12/12 is silly and detrimental to the plant. An internet myth that is now taken as gospel and just goes against basic botany. Don't fall for it.

Good Growing.

DD

Back
Top Bottom