Help please

lavendar

hi,
I'm new here....so please excuse the blunders...what the problem is....
am growing 8 ladies in a 4x8x6.5 zippered closet...have 2000 watts of combined light, hps,2 bloom leds, 2cfl's...
on 12/12 hours...
using fox farms w/additives, all 6 of their products...
the buds are progessing nicely...in wk 6, will start wk 7 on sunday....
temp. is not an issue...run intake and exhaust fans...
the buds are just going great, but they do not seem as resiny as they should be...so that is ok, some were fem. seeds, grew for 3 months on a 18/6 cycle....diff light set up....

what i really need to know is this....it tastes bitter and like crap....and i know i need to flush it, oh yes, i'm growing in dirt....now sinse i will be starting wk 7, is this where i drop the fert. and flush, or do i finish out the 8 wk cycle that fox farms set up, and then flush or what.....
they are getting the tric's ok, but not as tall as seen in the photos of various books, they are 25% orange with the rest as clear and milky....i'm happy with alot about this grow....i'm 63yrs and growing my first legal plants, so that is a biggy, but the taste of this bush is horrid....when do i flush? i've read about everything i can get my hands on, and it seems i just cant find an answer....thank you....all help wanted, and the plants i would say are hybrid, leaning
toward sativa, but are filling in nicely....lavendar...

Re: help please.

It sounds like you already know what you need to do. It tastes like shit because it's too fresh and it's full of ferts. Taste is also heavily affected by how quickly you dry it out. The slower the drying process the better.

Flush ASAP and may want to leach the soil as well. I like to wait until 50%orange 50%milky. After you purge the soil of ferts, wait another day or two to cut em down.

It's recommended to discontinue ferts 7 to 10 days before harvest unless you buy all that leeching stuff from the hydro shops..
Just be patient, you already waited this long.

I wish you a great harvest, and even better smoke my friend.

:thanks:thank you sooo much for the reply....so, i go ahead, even tho the 8 wk plan is not complete and flush....yes, i read alot, but that doesnt make me feel any more confident about getting it done right....so, i'll wait until the 50% are amber and than flush? this is the part where i dont get it...nothing seems to go according to plan for me and when things deviate, i get bumfuzzled.....when the species says 7-9 wks flowering do i still just go with the tri's colors? i guess i just need to kinda ignore the wks angle and go with the resin color? i know these questions sound silly, but, there are still areas i'm not sure of....again, thank you for any help you can give....

When the seeds have a flowering time like 7-9 weeks labeled on them just consider that a rough estimate. There are so many factors that can alter that time in your grow room.
Forget what the package says and just go by the desired color of your thrichs.
Like mentioned above, I wont start flushing until the trichs are around 50% milky... maybe a little more if you want a serious couchlock buzz

thanks all...after looking at the flowers two days later, they are a good 40%amber and orange....so i used clearx laast night on just the ruby...a local brand....made a gal, so i guess i'll finish it out....soooo, question:

how many times do i do this to flush, or is it just the one gal....i know to just add water now and a little molassas mix.....for the next whatever days she has left....again, thank you all for the help...been practicing drying and curing on the leaves...sure its not the same, but i do think i have the idea now....:smokin:

thanks all...after looking at the flowers two days later, they are a good 40%amber and orange....so i used clearx laast night on just the ruby...a local brand....made a gal, so i guess i'll finish it out....soooo, question:

how many times do i do this to flush, or is it just the one gal....i know to just add water now and a little molassas mix.....for the next whatever days she has left....again, thank you all for the help...been practicing drying and curing on the leaves...sure its not the same, but i do think i have the idea now....:smokin:

High Lavender,
First you can't see the color of the trich's with the naked eye. They are not the little white/orange pistils on the buds. Most new growers harvest to early and ruin the taste and potency. You need a mini-microscope to view trich's.

fpjnoiok.jpeg

these pictured are clear to cloudy and you should wait until they start to turn amber.

I think many people use a jewer's loupe or get a pocket microscope from Radio Shack...20-40x magnification is suggested.

If you have a digital camera with a macro setting it is possible to take pics of the trichs and check them that way but it involves more work (take the pics, download them, view). Not all cameras can do this though...mine has a super macro mode that allows me to focus on objects that are basically sitting on the camera lens so I can get some decent pics of the lil buggers. But that's me trying to save $20 or so lol, work with what I have.

Good luck with your plants lavendar!

Back
Top Bottom