Flowering plants stopped growing - Freaking out

NeoScott

So my mother plant had an issue with height of the cabinet, she grew into the light and 2 weeks ago i moved it over to the bigger tent, the white hairs have turned brown/reddish with 2 spots growing new white hairs, but rather then the two spots the plant seems to have stopped growing... at all. I'm freaking out because I broke my pH and PPM meter in december, so I ordered a new one and it's now been 30(Bussiness days, excluding 2 days for christmas and 2 days for new years), I had to go to paypal and dispute the claim. I've always got the same results from my nuits in term of pH and PPM so I didn't think twice of a 15 day shipping time. Yes i know i need a new one and badly but no cash, since it's tied up in a ph meter I probably will never receive. That being said there are no signs of any kind of nuits problems on the leaves, which I assume after 40 days the plants should have died. Also white roots still.

The other plants in this grow (Same res) are complete white, but again no new growth.

What Strain is it? Mother plant: Still unknown
2 plants in the grow are a buddys seed
Male: sour desiel x Skunk
female: Purple Kush

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Their hybrids for sure, only ordered hybrid and the seed from my buddy
How Many Plants? 13
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Flowering
If in Flowering Stage... How Long? Mother: 1 month 8 days Others 3 weeks 2 days
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Hydro, some have rockwool some have Jiffy pellets, all of them have hydroton
If Hydro, Reservoir size? 10 Gallons
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature? unknown.
If Hydro, what type of Setup? DWC with Bubbles
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 1 x 600 watt light 5x CFL lights (2x veg and 3x flower)
Is it Air Cooled? Not right now.
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? I have 3 thermometers around the light is 85F and around the plants is 60F
RH of Room/Cabinet? I have two meters both read 80 right now
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 6.0 (Average, Ph meter broken.)
Any Pests? Do cats count? He likes to sleep with my plants when I let my guard down while working on it.
How Often are you Watering? 1-2 sprays a day Ro water with flowering nuits at 1/3rd strength
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? Techna flora flowering at 1680PPM (According to bottle and feeding chart ,PPM meter is broken, Ro water no salts)
Size or Square Footage of Room? 5x4x8

Like always Pictures!
Random pictures for you guys to see, Mother plant down more.
P11700161.JPG
P11700151.JPG

This one grew nice and quick but sadly he went right for inside my cool tube and burned him self.
P11700141.JPG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---Full shot of the garden, you can see the mother plant in the center not doing anything, the garden has been LST for light to reach the mother plant, you can see her off spring (The clones) out grew her.-----------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P11700131.JPG
P11700121.JPG
P1170011.JPG
P1170010.JPG

P11700081.JPG

----------------------------------------------------
------Mother plant, red hairs no growth--------------
----------------------------------------------------
This is the white hairs in the new growth, again, only 2 spots.
P1170007.JPG

These are all the red hairs, they look like they have tons of crystal
P1170006.JPG
P11700041.JPG
P1170003.JPG
P1170002.JPG

P1170009.JPG

I hope they're okay. Thanks for your time.

When you say 60° Fahrenheit at the plants is that at canopy level or at reservoir level, 60° Fahrenheit is too cool for your plants to grow. I would place a clip on fan to circulate the air from inside your grow area to improve the temperature. Your humidity is too high for flowering, consider a de humidifier in the area where your air intake is from. you want 70°-90° Fahrenheit and 50%-70% humidity for vegetative growth and 30%-50% humidity for flowering.

Mr.Fan with ties holding him in postion, this fan cannot point down for some reason, only up. I had it on the floor under the canopy, but the two closest plants to the fan died after cloning them, so i moved him up.
P11800061.JPG

Humidity at (Let's call it) Ground level.
P11800053.JPG

Tempature at Ground level
P11800042.JPG

humidity at Light level
P11800032.JPG

Dual zone thermometer, top measurement is the temperature above the light. the bottom reading is ground level. This one is a redundancy. Also Celsius.
P11800023.JPG

Dual zone thermometer, top measurement is the temperature AT the light. the bottom reading is ground level same zone as the other.
P11800011.JPG

I'd tie the tall tops down, always try to make all your tops the same height, or as close as possible. Looks like you could get a bigger yield, by cutting away those lower branches that are not getting much light, all the energy will then go to your tops, they will grow faster & bigger. This is just my opinion/style I have learned here. Lower branches should always get the same amount of light as your tops. The little buds that are growing in shade won't get much bigger.

There are other methods you can read about in journals here, read some "completed" journals & you can see the end results! then chose what you think is best/most common. You'll be surprised at how far you can bend/tie those tops down, then the low stuff gets more light because you can now lower the light over a more level canopy of tops. :goodjob:

you may need a small aquarium heater to raise the temperature in your Deep Water Culture system to 69° Fahrenheit during the dark period for better growth.

I grow a magical fruit, I have a few aquarium heater around somewhere I'll drop one in their.

I'd tie the tall tops down, always try to make all your tops the same height, or as close as possible. Looks like you could get a bigger yield, by cutting away those lower branches that are not getting much light, all the energy will then go to your tops, they will grow faster & bigger. This is just my opinion/style I have learned here. Lower branches should always get the same amount of light as your tops. The little buds that are growing in shade won't get much bigger.

There are other methods you can read about in journals here, read some "completed" journals & you can see the end results! then chose what you think is best/most common. You'll be surprised at how far you can bend/tie those tops down, then the low stuff gets more light because you can now lower the light over a more level canopy of tops. :goodjob:

I looked around my garden with this in mind, I took a good %20 of the plant away, things that didn't look healthy, things that didn't have white hairs, things that were to much in the shade. Now the room smells so much like plants. I will try to bring the larger tops down more, but there not alot of space left, I'm already low stress training to get more light at the mother plant. everything tied to a wall. I have a few ideas thou. Wish me luck! and thank you for your advice.

How high above your plants is you light reflector? You may be able to lower your light. Place your hand underneath the light bulb and move your hand to the point you can not feel any heat from it and move your light to this position above your plants, raise the light as your plants grow.

here are some lumen versus distance charts they do not take heat into account

Metal_Halide_chart.jpg

HPS_chart.jpg

High_Intensity_Light_Coverage.jpg

grow-room-light-distances.jpg

HPSGraphPAR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom