Flowering question

Well I guess it depends on which stage of flowering your on. One thing is certain though you will need something different. For starters you need to slowly wean your plants off of nitrogen. Or at least give them less, and towards the end give them none at all. If you continue to use that fert with 10% nitrogen your plants will stretch to high heaven.

Look for something like beastie bloomz it's a 0 - 50 - 30 which is super win for flowering. Anything that is low in nitrogen but high in phosphate (p2o5), and potash (k2o).

So early on in flowering use a fert with low nitrogen and high phosphate / potash. In the middle to end of flowering you should cut your nitrogen to nothing, and just use the 0 - 50 - 30 fert or something really close with no nitrogen. Two weeks before harvest cut all ferts and just flush with a water and unsulpherized molasses. Use 1 - 2 table spoons of molasses per gallon on water. At the end of the two weeks of flushing put them in darkness for up to 36 hours then reap the rewards.

Hope this helps. :goodluck:

Does flushing with molasses do any good? Just curious! ;)

Molasses contains a nice carb / sugar rush, and a decent ammount of potassium. Potassium is used in massive quantities for bud development. The sugar rush along with the extra potassium really helps them swell up huge. They also weigh more due to size and are stickier. You also get a slight sweet taste which is really nice.

I used to flush with just water way back in the day. Then a buddy of mine told me about unsulpherized molasses. It's made such a noticeable difference in the final product. Ever since then I have always used molasses during the final flush period of two weeks. From personal experience it really does help with the final push to swell up. You simply can't go wrong thats for sure. Just use 1 - 2 tablespoons of molasses per gallon of water. Make sure to give them a really good flush every time you water. :smokin:

I personally feed molasses all through flower. Some very accomplished growers on this site run molasses all the way thru.

Give this read...

Molasses for stickier buds?

These pics taken 6 days after ones posted in Member Gallery. Added 4 more lights, now have a total of 10 75W equivalent CFL's, Total lumens 11,000.
Have been on 12 - 12 light cycle for 1 week.

Oct_14_004.jpg
Oct_14_002.jpg
Oct_14_001.jpg
Oct_14_003.jpg

Heck, I say if your plants are looking good, don't change a thing.

I would avoid the molasses flush though. Seems to cause a lot of problems for growers around here, at least. I would flush with water or with something that's designed for flushing MJ plants.

I say whatever you are doing is working. Good for you.

Wish there were more details though. Maybe I could learn somethign too here.

Back
Top Bottom