Flowering question

riseup101

420 Member
I have 2 outdoor plants that started flowering July 20th. This was a little earlier than in previous years- I believe it’s because they were clones under 24hr lighting and when placed outside they forced into flower.

Anyway: they are healthy and beautiful- my main question here is will they finish early? Both are at day 60- one is 56-65 days and the other is 65-70

I am checking tricomes daily - anyone experienced care to shed a little knowledge on this?

hey riseup,

welcome to 420. Please drop some pics so we can see what you’ve got.

There are 20,000 known strain crosses, so harvest times differ depending on genetics, grower skill and your climate. Run time can be as short as 6-7 weeks on fast buds, 7 to 12 weeks on indicas, up to 16 to 20 weeks for sativas

It’s nice to know how many weeks, but let the plant tell you when it’s ready to harvest. You can work out if it was earlier or later after harvest time

When plant is spitting out fresh fluffy pistils it’s still bulking up, when the large majority of pistils turn dark color and crinkle up then your are getting close to harvest. doesn’t mean chop right away, but then it’s time to scope trichs for ripeness

Forget checking trichs on fans leaves & sugar leaves since they ripen faster than buds do, snip small section of top calyx and move to table, prop your loupe or scope for image stability

Thanks!

One is banana Krumble, the other is Tropicana banana. I know how to look for ripeness- but my question is mainly…. Is it possible for them to finish early since they started flowing earlier? I’m a whole 3 weeks ahead of last year. I won’t cut early. Just not sure if they adjust to the time of year or is the flowering length info usually most accurate.

Do you have any fruit trees in your area that may have dropped its fruit on the ground and left to die and rot, this will cause a plant to start flowering early and with out the required amount of light hours for flowering. Dying and rotten fruit releases a chemical compound/scent that cannabis plants is a scent of death and they think they need to flower to produce seeds before they die.

Back
Top Bottom