Maybe A Silly Question?

steelcurtain22

So when it is said a strain is a 8 week flower, I wonder where they put the end at trichome wise. So the strain I’m growing is as mentioned an 8!week flower, so where are the trichomes at that 8 week mark. Do they base flowering time on finishing at just milky trichomes or 70/30 milky and amber? Again might be a silly question but guess it’s pat me being relatively new at growing. Happy smoking all!

Hi @steelcurtain22 ! I find breeder flowering time recommendations to be pretty accurate when I add a transition period after the flip, and don't start the actual bloom countdown until I see the start of flowering about a week after the flip.

I think the standard as to when harvest should occur is when the trichomes are at 2% amber at the top of the plant. Some strains give you more or less clear vs cloudy at that point too. If you hold out for 5-10% amber at the top, it has been my experience that most of the clear turn to milky by that point.

Hi @steelcurtain22 ! I find breeder flowering time recommendations to be pretty accurate when I add a transition period after the flip, and don't start the actual bloom countdown until I see the start of flowering about a week after the flip.

I think the standard as to when harvest should occur is when the trichomes are at 2% amber at the top of the plant. Some strains give you more or less clear vs cloudy at that point too. If you hold out for 5-10% amber at the top, it has been my experience that most of the clear turn to milky by that point.
Yeah my current plant started flower roughly 4-5 days after I flipped, so I’m keeping an eye to see where trichomes are at 8 weeks since flip as well as where their at 5 days later.

Back
Top Bottom