fluoro bulbs

cement head

hi every one iam using a set of 40 watt wide spectrum fluoro bulds for vegging 2x4ft and only have room to hang one but would like to use two sets but would have to put verticle this would allow me to put 2 or three more 5 gallon pales in the room will these lights work and last as long

What I did was rip the guts out of the fixtures and mounted them onto 4'X6" wide strips of 1/4 inch paneling. I did this to get the bulbs further apart, but I'm sure you could do it in order to move them closer together and fit more into your grow space. I mouted them w/the chains they came w/and ropes so that w/some work, they are very adjustable. The shop lights will work, but your plants will be strechy, and the buds wont be very dence and compact. Try to get them in a number of spectrums.
Hope that helps.
Vin

remember man, when flowering plants sometimes triple in size. put that into account.

Edit: i also had to put into consideration the size of the grow bags, they were pretty big and illiminated alot of height.

thanks guys thats what i was starting to read up on and have read that you can get the red and blue spectrum bulbs but iam confused about the red bulb i have read a few places that the red spectrum bulb was for budding and the blue was for vegging or it could have been the other way around
or are you saying i should get another type of spectrum buld

so should i change the the 40watt wide spectrum plant and aquarium bulbs to something else was thinking about buying one more set of lights 2x4ft should i mix the lights up or keep them the same oh yea i also got 10ft cielings so figure iam pretty safe letting them vegg untill thier 3ft tall if i want or need to thakns again people

I don't think there's a need to change to something else. If you can afford another set of lights, just pick up a different spectrum. cool white and warm white. remember, the more lights the better. An average of 40-50 watts per sqare foot of grow space.
Vin

you guys are great every time i ask you reply hope we can hook up the same time any so you say just the normal bulbs are ok to use or can i or should i get a couple of blue lights to mix in with the 2 plant and aquirium bulds i already have i dont know if they have those that style blue in the 4ft flouro bulds or how about those ultra violet bulbs maybe one bulb of each of the above??????

if u stick with soft white or warm white you will do just fine. other than that, the coil flouro bulbs work like a charm. or mh or hps.

Edit: working with fluoro bulbs you really dont get much of a differance betwen much but the watts and the spectrum rating.

shoot for 50 watts per sqare foot of grow area. cfl vs. tube fluoros is a matter of personal preference. They both do the same work. Consider the size and shape of your grow area, what you already have on hand, and what would be easier for you to work with.
no offence, but it sounds like you need to do a bit of reading and research, that watts question is pretty basic stuff man. spend some time surfing this site, there's a ton of knowledge to be gained here, and many folks willing to take you under their wing if you show them you've done some home work, and are willing to do more. knowledge is power
vin

none taken vin taken vin already read about the watts = lumens under stand pretty good just not sure of my own knowledge and read more about hps mh adding a second room for vegging was an after thought and now i got it eventually i will get a minimum of 150 watt hps when iget time to run more power when i was asking wattts should have been a little direct in what is the max watts they come in for conventional socet (cfl bulb) but i will probally stick with what i got till i move up to the hps in my vegging room

Back
Top Bottom