Found out I have some seeds for genetics the breeder lost

TheNumber1Guy

After a very long break, I’m back lol.

So I got away from growing due to evolving living/work arrangements, but now that’s changed and I was kinda thinking about doing a little micro grow for old times sake so I dug up my seed stash to see what I have.... I was looking at the strains I have and researching them to see what would be the best suited for a little micro grow and I ran across an unopened 10 pack of Linda Seeds Auto NYC Diesel from 2020. I was checking them out online and learned that somehow the breeder “lost” those genetics and they are gone forever..... They aren’t anything super Gucci, but it’s a good strain.

So what should I do with these 10 seeds?? I imagine a half way decent grower could find a way to bring them back. That ain’t me lol. All I got is a 50*50*100 tent and a dream.
They’ve been stored pretty well in a sealed container with desiccant at a steady 70f. Hopefully some would germinate...?
Should I maybe try popping 1-2, start reversing with them for pollen, then like 3 weeks later pop maybe 2 more then let them all pollinate TF up? I’ve also heard rumors that autos can, in fact,be revegged and even cloned. But I dunno, that sounds fishy.

welcome back then!!! Yes sounds perfect, reverse it and bring the strain back

autos can be cloned but most often it’s going to be a small budsickle plant…. 3 way rule of the clone applies here… clones are same age, same gender and same genetics as host it was cut from… so even if one gets an auto clone to take - it’s running on same short autoflower timeline as the mother

as far as I know - autos cannot be revegged since they are already born with a genetic toe tag of implied death upon reaching maturity.

Who knows- maybe offer the breeder a chance to purchase them back…

Who knows- maybe offer the breeder a chance to purchase them back…

I did send an email to them. If they say they want them, I’ll send them back, no problem. I’ve noticed they have 3 more of their house strains showing “unavailable” and I have at least 2 seeds for each of them. I asked about those too.

Now I was digging through the stash looking for something else to mess with in the meantime and I found 5x reg DNA Genetics Sleestack seeds. Apparently they discontinued that strain a while back??? Shame. I wonder why??? It’s a fast maturing, high yielding, short Sativa that can work for micro growing.

Only problem is these ones are almost 10 years old lol. They have been stored with desiccant at ~70degs. Wonder if they will pop??

Only problem is these ones are almost 10 years old lol. They have been stored with desiccant at ~70degs. Wonder if they will pop??
10 years old is starting to push it but some people have said they still got seeds that old to germinate. Often it took longer than usual but they still pushed up out of the ground.

There have been several threads lately about sprouting older seeds. One of the active ones is linked below:
https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/starting-seeds-very-old-seeds.529325/

10 years old is starting to push it but some people have said they still got seeds that old to germinate. Often it took longer than usual but they still pushed up out of the ground.

There have been several threads lately about sprouting older seeds. One of the active ones is linked below:
https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/starting-seeds-very-old-seeds.529325/
That was interesting. I want to scuff them and get them soaking, but I haven’t grown in ~2 years... I kinda think I should do a run with some basic quick strain just to knock the rust off and make sure my setup will work. If they have waited 10 years, what’s another few months?? Lol

That was interesting. I want to scuff them and get them soaking, but I haven’t grown in ~2 years... I kinda think I should do a run with some basic quick strain just to knock the rust off and make sure my setup will work. If they have waited 10 years, what’s another few months?? Lol
Good thinking. No point in relearning on seeds or strains that can never be replaced.

Ask your buddies and they might have some 3 or 4 year old seeds which would be better as a way of practicing on older seeds before hitting those 10 year old or older ones.

Oh hey! Now that you mention it.... I looked in the same container the SleeStack is in, and I’ve got some OG Kush, Kandy Kush, Haze, Amnesia Haze, Buddha’s Sister from the same year that have all been stored together in the same conditions.

I think OG Kush is too dang tall, the Haze strains take too long, but I think either Buddha’s Sister or Kandy Kush would suit a microgrow and be an indicator of germinationableness

Depending on how you stored them they may pop. But don't short yourself. If they pop you can grow them out. If they weren't feminized seed then out of 5 seeds one may be male or female. Then you have keys to the kingdom and can make seeds. As long as you have popped seeds, dirt and light you are ready.

Back
Top Bottom