Fox Farms Happy Frog question

madodah

I've always amended my soil with the cheapest stuff on sale but now a local place is offering Fox Farms on sale and since I've heard so many positive comments I thought I'd give it a try.

Question: They offer Happy Frog composition soil and potting soil. Which one?

This is for 3' deep holes with a 50% mixture of my soil and 50% commercial product. Grown from seed, in 3.5 gallon pots, now six weeks old, sexed at two months and ladies transplanted into the holes.

Thanks!

the composition acts more as an organic fertilizer, dont want to mix that half and half with soil. with the comp you wont have to feed as much but the soil can provide enough nutrients too.
sounds like youve got a good grow going

the composition acts more as an organic fertilizer, dont want to mix that half and half with soil. with the comp you wont have to feed as much but the soil can provide enough nutrients too.
sounds like youve got a good grow going

Fellow growers use only their natural soil amended with organic cow manure and produce very high quality weed, but they're in the valley with deep topsoil and I'm on a mountain side. I have an average 1' of topsoil, then a layer of light clay affected soil 6" - 1' deep before hitting decomposed granite, a great drain system. I mix the topsoil with the decomposed granite and mix that 50/50 with the commercial product.

I ended up buying a local grange product, has the ingredients of Fox Farm's Ocean Forest plus 15% chicken manure.

Back
Top Bottom