Frosty Tops

Good looking buds. What caused the leaf margin rolling?
I don't know honestly. I thought it was just from the trich development on the edges of those leaves around the tops. I have had other problems in the grow but none that would normally cause leaf curl like that. That one plant acts differently from the other four in the garden. Some of the leaves on that one clawed as well. This was my first grow in 12 years, so lots of issues to iron out.

Purple-Glow-001.jpg

The closeups are of the plant on the back left.

:peace:
Ravyn

Ah ok, I was just curious because I have the same problem.

Mine was caused by an LED that was too close. Yours could have been too much light, humidity too high (I think!) And if I remember correctly, margins rolling under is too little water/humidity, and I read some information that it could be related to not enough water coming in through an inadequate root system. Temperature could also be a cause too..

There's a ton of cool things to learn about growing Cannabis. Welcome back to the fun :) You'll find a ton of helpful people here.

AND in the meantime, this is great reading: How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Need anything for your grow? Check out the sponsors: Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE ®

You can find everything from soil to seeds. Pipes, Vapes etc.. Tons of lights, tents, nutrients, and the list goes on.
You can also find a lot of information regarding sponsor products right here on the forum. Different lights, tents, strain reviews, nutrients being used, and you can look at the grow journals and see how well the products work. Grow Journals

Hey Antic. Thanks for info. I have been following this site (and one other) closely for almost a year. I have definitely learned a lot following the leads of experienced growers. I started my seedlings under T5 and then moved them under a TopLed Reflector 300w (150 at the wall). They started 30 inches under the light and then grew to within a foot before I moved them to the Bloom Room. There I have a Mars II 1200 (600 watt draw) with 5 watt leds. They had at least 3 feet of clearance to start and grew to no closer than 2 feet. The side lights are UVB Reptile lights - T5 at about 30 watts each. Supposed to increase Resin production. (?)

The curly leaves on Frosty top started getting that fringe and curl very early in flower.

Now I have to decide for sure whether or not to chop them today, or give them one more week. I had one cola on the front right plant show a bit of Bud Rot and removed that one top a few days ago. I have a dehumidifier running now and the RH is down to 40-45%. I also bumped up the heater to keep the room around 80 F. They could really use the extra week as I have zero amber at the moment and I would like to see around 10-20% amber and the rest cloudy. Scared of the Bot tho, hence my thought about chopping now. such a tough call. :lot-o-toke:

It is not actually a tent but a 5'x5' room with 8 foot ceiling. I run two fans. An oscillating tower fan in the back corner to do the lower 2 feet or so. And a 12 inch wall mounted, oscillating air king about 4 feet up and angling down across the top of the canopy. I would never spray the flowers so no worries there. :)

I examined the plants in front of the window this morning and managed to scope a couple of amber trichs. Decided to pull the trigger and went at it. Took a ton of pix which I just finished going thru. I got some amazing closeups with my real camera instead of my phone and when I zoomed in I saw enough amber that I am happy with my decision. Maybe 5% amber and the rest cloudy and milky. It definitely would have packed on more weight with another week but I think I still might have hit an elbow+ on the five ladies.

This shot does not really do justice. There are five hanging lines; one for each plant plus one tray in the hanging net for each plant's smalls. you can only really see the tops from one plant on this front line.

I'm beat and need to go put my feet up. I will post some more pics of the harvest tomorrow.

Peace
Ravyn

Back
Top Bottom