Full spectrum lighting

cubby420

I bought a FULL SPECTRUM DAYLIGHT 6400K/125W.120VOLT. IS THIS A GOOD LIGHT FOR JUST GROWING 1 TO 4 PLANTS,OR JUST 1.:smokin: I NEED TO KNOW SO I CAN HOOK THIS UP AND THEN NEED TO NOW WHEN TO GO 12/12.MY GIRLS R ABOUT 5 TO 6 ":blunt:

Re: full spectrum lighting..

65k for grow....27k for bloom......as for the rest of the questions, you need to supply a bit more info...

It's a compact fluorescent grow light bulb.the area of my box is 25"x25"x17"deep with a new hard plastic litterbox for watering.also using fan,and keeping it around 75 to 78degrees.and using this flora nova 1part of 2 grow plant food 7-4-10.

YES IT'S AN LED LIGHT! ABOUT 10" LONG WITH 5 U SHAPED TUBES,LIKE THE CFL BUT THIS CAME WITH HOOD AND THE 2 TRIANGULAR BRACES FOR EACH SIDE TO HANG.
ON THE BOX IT READS "COMPACT FLUORESCENT GROW LIGHT BULB; "Super Bright.Cool Running.Energy Efficient.I'm not running a ballast,because it's only a 125w,Like described above.ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREAT.THIS IS MY 1ST TIME DOING THIS INSIDE.I DID ONE OUT SIDE THIS PAST SUMMER AND IT WAS A NICE ONE.3.7OZ.BUT I LEARNED ALLOT ABOUT HARVEST AND CURRING,THATS WHY I DON'T WANT TO MESS THIS SKUNK UP.:tokin:I PLAN ON GOING BIGGER ONCE I GET MY PUMPKIN SEEDS IN MID NOV. LOL.THIS WHAT I AM GROWING OUT OF IS MY VERSION OF A POOR MANS GROW BOX!

:cool:

YES IT'S AN LED LIGHT! ABOUT 10" LONG WITH 5 U SHAPED TUBES,LIKE THE CFL BUT THIS CAME WITH HOOD AND THE 2 TRIANGULAR BRACES FOR EACH SIDE TO HANG.
ON THE BOX IT READS "COMPACT FLUORESCENT GROW LIGHT BULB; "Super Bright.Cool Running.Energy Efficient.I'm not running a ballast,because it's only a 125w,Like described above.ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREAT.THIS IS MY 1ST TIME DOING THIS INSIDE.I DID ONE OUT SIDE THIS PAST SUMMER AND IT WAS A NICE ONE.3.7OZ.BUT I LEARNED ALLOT ABOUT HARVEST AND CURRING,THATS WHY I DON'T WANT TO MESS THIS SKUNK UP.:tokin:I PLAN ON GOING BIGGER ONCE I GET MY PUMPKIN SEEDS IN MID NOV. LOL.THIS WHAT I AM GROWING OUT OF IS MY VERSION OF A POOR MANS GROW BOX!

:cool:

So, I'm assuming it is in fact a CFL and not an LED and that you were being sarcastic by saying it is an LED and a CFL in the same breath?

To be honest I really should not be giving advice on growing as I am new to it....but I spent months trolling this forums and taking notes and subcribing to CFL journals....
Anyways, you should do a bit us searching on this site for CFL tutorials....Thats what I did and couldn't believe the info available!! I should be enough for veg but when you start to flower you will want to add some addtional CFL lighting and change the spectrum to 27K....I have a 2' 4 bulb T5 Ho with 2 2' T5 HO strips down the sides and 4 hanging 42 wt CFL bulbs....every bulb I add seems to help. I think I'm between 6,600-6,900 lumens per foot....very small tent.....I understand that ideal is between 7k-10k in lumens per foot....I think i read the sun is around 10k per foot.

Peace and good luck.....

first off its not an led( light -emitting- diode) lighting. Its CFL compact fluorescent lamp. 125 watts is good for 1 plant maybe 2 in ur cab. it will only penetrate 12" from top of canopy to lower. so 12/12 at 8-10" tall and top at the 4th node up and lst every branch there after. Which your gonna have to do to fit in ur cab but you will need more venting because these bulbs throw off heat as you will see. also make sure you use refelective material so the cab sides dont hold the heat in.

wspomaha,
I wasn't trying to be sarcastic,when I was writing that I called a buddy of mine and asked him if he knew if that bulb what I had bought was an LED He said yes.He was wrong and it was to late I already wrote to you and said it was.My buddy must not know as much as he thinks he does.But thanks for the info.I will put it to good use.To be honest with you,This plant is kickin azz so far.Some1 else said to only use that bulb 4 1 or 2 plants. at a time.This is my 1st indoor experience so it's kind of tricky and complicated.I guess thats why there are sights like this to get answers for.Thanks again for replying. Here are some 420 points for ya!:hookah:

BASEMENTDWELL,When you said,it will only penetrate 12" from top of canopy to lower. so 12/12 at 8-10" tall and top at the 4th node up and lst every branch there after.This is my 1st indoor plant.can u explain this so a newbie can understand.I know it would make sense to a more advanced grower,Thats not me.I would really appreciate it.I kind of understand the 8-10"tall,but not the 4th node,is that the 4th set of limbs?and every branch there after.I should what with the branch there after?Thanks for your help.I can't wait till spring,I had a real nice one that I harvested and cured in late Sept.got my winter stash.:passitleft:

:Rasta:I'M GOING TO JUST TRY AND LEARN BY SOME OF MY MISTAKES.I WOULD LOVE SOME FEED BACK ON SOME OF THIS LIGHTING ,IT'S NOT AN LED IT'S A 125W FULL SPECTRUM CFL ABOUT 10" AND I HAVE A FAN FOR CIRCULATION AND GOOD FLORA NOVA PLANT GROW FOOD.WE'LL SEE WHAT HAPPENS.I SHOULD JUST BUY A TENT AND GET THE FILTERS AND MORE LIGHTS.BALASES,WHATEVER IT TAKES TO HAVE A FULL WINTER HARVEST THAT WOULD BE READY BY MID SPRING.IF NOT SOONER IF I BUY THE RIGHT SEEDS THAT FLOWER IN 8 TO 9 WEEKS.

:Rasta:I'M GOING TO JUST TRY AND LEARN BY SOME OF MY MISTAKES.I WOULD LOVE SOME FEED BACK ON SOME OF THIS LIGHTING ,IT'S NOT AN LED IT'S A 125W FULL SPECTRUM CFL ABOUT 10" AND I HAVE A FAN FOR CIRCULATION AND GOOD FLORA NOVA PLANT GROW FOOD.WE'LL SEE WHAT HAPPENS.I SHOULD JUST BUY A TENT AND GET THE FILTERS AND MORE LIGHTS.BALASES,WHATEVER IT TAKES TO HAVE A FULL WINTER HARVEST THAT WOULD BE READY BY MID SPRING.IF NOT SOONER IF I BUY THE RIGHT SEEDS THAT FLOWER IN 8 TO 9 WEEKS.

Cubby, thanks for the points! In my opinion, part of the fun is messing around with what you have and not trying to spend a bunch of money on tents and carbon filters and expensive lights, until you have it figured out a bit more...In the last 3 months I have built DIY, carbon filters and ONA air scent coverup things, light deflectors and even learned how to strip an old computer for the fans so I could rewire them and put in to a home made drying box.....I made a veg box and a flower box. (that is now a growlab tent) I guess the point is, have fun, don't fuss too much, don't over feed or water your girls, don't obsess (very hard to do) and see what works for you....Don't expect to see results like some of the vet's and master growers on this site....that is until you have it figured out. I started with 4 bagseeds...I Topped one, lst's 2 and let the other one alone...The 2 I lst'ed were girls but from different bags and obvioulsy different strains...but I have learned a lot!!! I'm about 7-10 days from harvest and I have 2 sativa seeds Jack Horror fem auto's that are 10 days from seed and looking great! I feel so much more comfortable about what I'm doing now, than I did a couple of months ago...therefore, I'm more willing to spend some money to make some upgrades....TBH, I can't believe I made it this far and didn't kill everything.

Great site, great members and outstanding info!!!!

peace and harvests....

Wspomaha,
Thanks for that reply,since the last time I wrote anything,I got a larger rubbermade tub that I put a small fan 4 ventalation my CFL 6400k full spectrum light with hood,but while I was converting it I dropped the hood with light in it,OUCH! So now only 3 of the 6 lights are working3 in a row,I added 2 26w cfl's just till I go get a new bulb.man that sucks.I moved it into my furnace room were its like 75 alday long,so when I go to 12/12 they wont be cold.Got some skunk growin now about 8 inches.And short stuff Himalaya Blue Diesel,Haze Mist and some DNA Rocklock Feminised,these are all fems.cant wait till all these sprout,cause I know I will be taken care of these like they were my first born.LOL. Thanks Again,and Good Luck In Your Journey To Be Relaxed.......:bong:

Back
Top Bottom