Full Spectrum Lights Vs One Spectrum?

StresslessOz

Can someone tell me the difference, Im in the process of trying to buy the right beginner light and got stuck when I saw this.....
I know the plants need a red bulb and a blue bulb, but what is this? A combined light and will it still work like this?
Are the red and blue lights switched halfway thorugh the lifecycle?

For years it was thought that indoor growers needed 2 types of High Intensity Discharge (HID) lights--a Metal Halide (MH) with a high blue spectrum (appears white) for vegatative growth, and a High Pressure Sodium (HPS) with a high red spectrum (appears yellow).for flowering.
However, especially if a grower had excellent flo-thru ventilation, HPS is all that's needed.
For the best of both worlds, get an HPS system and upgrade to a full-spectrum bulb (keep the original HPS bulb for emergency spare).

a full spectrum bulb more closely mimics the kelvin output of the sun and will result in desner buds, since the plant doesnt have to stretch as much.

A full spectrum bulb is the good to use throughout an entire grow but is not neccessary. I used just regular Home Depot bought HPS bulbs in my 400 watt HPS for years before switching to a 1k HPS. I still use the regular bulbs in it too, just have to buy them elsewhere ( 1000bulbs.com ) as HD doesn't carry them that big. I myself use a single regular HPS bulb for the entire grow and average 3+ ounces per plant. I grow 3 to 6 plants at a time and have kept myself and my wife constantly supplied in bud for over 4 years straight. It would have been longer but someone came into my house and ripped me off of all meds so I had to buy some while waiting for my next harvest. By the way...we consume about a ounce a week. So if you got the money and don't mind spending it, get the full spectrum. if you don't, a regular HPS (or even MH) will work.

Back
Top Bottom