Gashes at bottom of stalks a month in?

Otterbear

420 Member
Hey everyone!

Two things :oops: I noticed the first smaller sprout leaves on all 3 are dying. Then on a couple of them, there’s some small marks on the stalks that look like gashes maybe? The 1st one in the collage has it worse or more pronounced than the 2nd. I was a little late on feeding a couple days ago, maybe have gone 36-48 hours tops without water. And I haven’t transplanted them yet but most likely will tomorrow, there was one little root hanging out of the bottom of one. Oh and I don’t adjust the PPM or EC range. Wondering if I should start? Has anyone experienced any of these issues?

D51CA69B-B442-4A66-9ADD-105E87D5450A.jpeg

Feed:

Medium:
• Coco/Perlite/Worm Castings mix about 60/30/10

Watering:
• Every 24 hours
• PH between 5.8-5.9 after all nutes are mixed
• 1gal water/1.9ml CalMag/5.7ml Micro (add to water first)/6.6ml Gro/3.8ml Bloom/3tsp molasses/1ml Rapidstart

Temp & Humidity:
• 75-85° F/55% RH

Light:
• High up about 5'
• 18 hours on/6 hours off

Thanks for any advice,

Jimmy

Not a coco grower (assuming you are growing in coco), but your plants look hungry, normally the cotyledons last longer than that, the fact they didn't means that the plant has sucked all the nutients out of them and then they die. Repot and then start feeding. I don't really see a problem with the stems, just looks like they are expanding (growing). From all I've read/heard, you must PH and EC your water, if you're out of the PH range no matter how many nutes you add, the plant can't absorb them. A coco grower will know more.

Thank you! That makes sense, I’ll be sure to keep up the daily watering and I’ll start adjusting the EC as well.

Hey man, the stem looks pretty normal to me. I've been growing in coco for a while. There are lots of different ways to go about it, but I like to fertigate several times a day (depending on what stage of growth the plant is at) and make sure I'm getting 20% run off each time. It's hard to over water in coco, and I think the plants like the consistency.

Back
Top Bottom