gdp week 7 starting to have some issues

bseeton1

phpdWT8v2PM_1_.jpg
phpBvRMtsPM_1_.jpg
phpBvRMtsPM_1_.jpg
I'm a newbie but i'm being mentored by a grower that is use to soil on my hydro dwc set up. I'm using advanced nuets, micro-grow-bloom, ph my ro water to 5.7 then add nuets at a reduced rate. hygrozyme as well as returning to myco maddness as the rooters dosn't break down in hydro though is says it does (started with greatwhite got expensive so i tried cheaping out).a little super thrive and goknats for the fungus gnats and thats it. my problem is a few plants have a yellowing/burning on the edges and my ph has always been higher than the recomended 5.7-6.3 more like 6.3-7.1 . High i know but they've been doing great other than a few showing this condition. I'm gonna try posting some pics but I'm curious what ya'll thoughts are. they looked like they were were redding under my grow it leds but under incandescent light they are yellow. I've read your trouble shooting sections just want some "seasoned" help thanks.:smokin:

i bet your thinking Phosphorus deficiency but like i said only some of my plants are showing this symptom on the same dwc lines as those showing no problems .....

I'd ph after adding nutes, and definitely LOWER your ph to the 5.2 to 6.2 range - they are not getting certain nutrients otherwise, no matter how much is in the tank.

nutrient_chart_454.gif

i have always ph'd the water before adding my neuts and have not done a flush yet. Its a huge pain in the ass to keep my ph in the proper range. I dont have any recurculation on my system its simply 18 gallon controls feeding 16 5gallon buckets on 1/2" lines teeing into each bucket.I do have a few gallons daily added to the controls as they drink as well as moving a few gallons around in the system manually.Do you add ph down to your systems on a daily basis to keep it in proper range? this seems extreme to me you'de be using alot of ph down over the course of your grow to keep it in range at all times. also how long do you flush? do you just use ph'd water ?

When I ran DWCs, I kept PH in the range at all times - if it moved quickly, it meant I had root rot or something worse.

I didn't bother PH'ing during a flush since I didn't need nutrient uptake.

Yes, PH is a big PITA. Reason I run drain to waste hempies now.

my roots did change to a browner color after my last neut change. i thought id chemically shocked them but that was almost two weeks ago and i've had good growth and up to a few days ago the leaves showed defficientcies only on a few plants but now its spreading, if i had root rot of some form wouldn't they take a dive fairly quickly?

AN nutes a supposed to be chelated, which allows for greater pH range. You mentioned lines, so maybe you have a mineral build up in that particular line.

OB -1 is right. Do not adjust pH until you are done. pH to 5.5 and let it drift to 6.5-7.0, then knock it back down.

Week 7 of bloom? Are you using D2W? If not, most likely your rez is toxic

i'm now on week 8 of veg and am probably gonna veg at least 10 more days. i use a shop vac to remove my old nuets from the system via the control so flow threw the lines is not an issue. d2w??

ive been running 150ml of hygrozyme per 50 gallons. plan on bumping that up if i know for sure i can salvage the grow

ive heard you need a perticular type of h2o2 if you use it, is that true? and how much do you use? won't hygrozyme take care of these issues?

D2W= Drain To Waste. Not a big deal during veg, but as soon as you flip to flower you do not want to reuse any of the flower nutrients.

The entire plant chemistry changes for bud production. During this time the plant dumps unused nutes back through the roots. I monitored my flower runoff and was shocked. The pH was almost 2 full points higher and about 50% more ppms. The accumulation takes about 2-3 weeks in flower before the plants show signs which are often confused as deficiencies.

Sounds like rot to me. Do you run H2O2?

i flushed with ro/h202 for two days and flushed the flush with ro and then added nutes at 400ml and hygrozyme,great white etc and they blew up big time! I added the nutes then ph'd to about 5.5 two days later ph dropped to 6.9. returned to 5.8 on manual recurculation. the root rot seems to be getting better on some quicker than others and i think like you said that is whats ruining my ph faster than normal.

I experienced this with a drip system. I was able to remove the plant from the lid and submerge the roots in 3 % H2O2 for 5-10 minutes several times a day. After several days I noticed the rockwool was infested so I carefully removed it.

While doing this over 3-7 days, consider feeding with half strength nutes

i flushed with ro/h202 for two days and flushed the flush with ro and then added nutes at 400ml and hygrozyme,great white etc and they blew up big time! I added the nutes then ph'd to about 5.5 two days later ph dropped to 6.9. returned to 5.8 on manual recurculation. the root rot seems to be getting better on some quicker than others and i think like you said that is whats ruining my ph faster than normal.

Nice work - sounds like the perfect fix. :bravo:

only problem is the dam ph is back up to 6.9 in less than 8 hrs what a pain! not to mention how much pd down this is taking

Keep replacing the water and using H2O2 - you've got to stay ahead of the rot.

Once you start having to add a lot of H2O2 to get the PH back down, you are in danger of locking out the plants with a Total Alkalinity that's too high. I know water changes are a PITA, but it's the only way.

I used to have pretty good luck with DWC as long as my res temps were under 65 degrees, but I'd had such a horrible time with rot and mold last spring when it warmed up that I gave it up and went to the simpler hempy system.

OB-1s gotcha back.

My technique allowed me to shorten the process by submerging the entire root system in H2O2 for several minutes. I could see the rot bubbling away.

I would then rinse from top to bottom under gentle running water then into a dilute nute bath, repeat several times a day.

Very important to foliar spray during this process. Don't give her up, even though she might look dead. These weeds have a remarkable power of recovery

Back
Top Bottom