General ? I cant find an answer to

datrippp

Ok, This may sound dumb but here goes.. Is there any kind of set time to veg for, Im using bag seeds in soil, 3Gal. Pots in a 2.5' X 2.5' X 7' closet. They are 4 weeks and 1 day today, and have kinda stopped growing, I have 3 plants under a 150 HPS. it avgs. from 70-81deg. with low RH in about the high 30's. I have a humidifier running non stop, but it sux & doesnt help much. I have a newer one coming. Now im curious about when are they considered in veg state after they sprout from seed. And how long should they stay in veg until I go 12/12..
Also any guesstamates on how often, and how much water I should give them. Right now theyre in a scotts moisture control soil mixed with perlite.
Ive been looking for some kind of answer to these ?'s for over a week with no luck. I know specifics depend on strain, and other factors, but im just kinda hoping for a general idea to start with. And with this soil, should I give a very light nute feeding every 2-3 waterings?
Thanks in advance, everyone has been very helpful so far..

Ok, This may sound dumb but here goes.. Is there any kind of set time to veg for, Im using bag seeds in soil, 3Gal. Pots in a 2.5' X 2.5' X 7' closet. They are 4 weeks and 1 day today, and have kinda stopped growing, I have 3 plants under a 150 HPS. it avgs. from 70-81deg. with low RH in about the high 30's. I have a humidifier running non stop, but it sux & doesnt help much. I have a newer one coming. Now im curious about when are they considered in veg state after they sprout from seed. And how long should they stay in veg until I go 12/12..
Also any guesstamates on how often, and how much water I should give them. Right now theyre in a scotts moisture control soil mixed with perlite.
Ive been looking for some kind of answer to these ?'s for over a week with no luck. I know specifics depend on strain, and other factors, but im just kinda hoping for a general idea to start with. And with this soil, should I give a very light nute feeding every 2-3 waterings?
Thanks in advance, everyone has been very helpful so far..

da,
How long to veg is dependent on how big of plant you want. I went 12/12 after 32 days and now wish I would have done it sooner. What are you feeding them? If you haven't started nutes yet that is likely the cause of your slowed growth. I water when my pots feel light and the top 2-3" of soil is dry. Some of my plants that it every other day and a 1/2 gallon at a time. The other may only need water about every 4-5 days. If the pot is heavy I don't water. Also look at your plants. If they are starting to wilt water them. I give nutes every other watering. So far I have not had any burn issues. Start light and work up on the nute strength.

Screw, your always there,lol.
I started very light nutes, but with the scotts soil I believe it has nutes in it like MG. I have some light yellowing, and browning on the outer edges of some leaves. Im wanting to sex them, so I can ditch the males. I think Ill take a couple clones from them, and force flower them for sexing and see what they are, then keep a mother and bloom the rest. thanks screw.
Thanks jungle, but Ive read that and all other how to's on here, and found nothing..

Screw, your always there,lol.
I started very light nutes, but with the scotts soil I believe it has nutes in it like MG. I have some light yellowing, and browning on the outer edges of some leaves. Im wanting to sex them, so I can ditch the males. I think Ill take a couple clones from them, and force flower them for sexing and see what they are, then keep a mother and bloom the rest. thanks screw.
Thanks jungle, but Ive read that and all other how to's on here, and found nothing..

Actually I do think there is a thread in there on entitled how long should i veg or something like that. Don't worry its cool tho. Veg time is almost always grower preference. Its really determined by your patience, and grow room.
For instance if you have a small grow cab you'd prolly like to veg for long, but due to size constraints you cant really veg for more than 2 weeks when space restricted. Just know that most plants double their height, from the onset of flowering. So if you only have 5 feet of growing space, and your ladies are 2 feet tall, then ya gotta 12/12 em. Or for ppl who need their meds quickly, they often just 12/12 from seeed.
Vegging longer allows the roots to develop more, which can lead to an increased yield tho. SN33 was pretty dead on with his watering advice. I'd say this, after you water, pick up the pot to see how heavy it is. And right before you water maybe even let the ladies wilt just a tad pick up the pot and see how heavy the pot is. Once you've mastered this, you wont even need to stick your fingers in the dirt. You can just tell by picking it up. I only mentioned it, cause I just stuck my fingers into my flowering ladies the other day and when i pulled my fingers out, i noticed there were roots. No biggie, but it could save you from having a NAA(newbie anxiety attack).

good luck datripp :surf:

DJ,
Thanks for clearing up my weighing the pots explanation. Yours was much clearer.

DA,
Sounds like you are seeing early signs of nute burn. Must be time release nutes in your soil. Just use straight water for the next few cycles and then try light nutes again.

Back
Top Bottom