Generator in apartment?

RLNY

I want to do a 5000watt grow in my apartment. I need a generator to run the lights and ac. Are there any quiet generator i can get out there? I was planning to completely sound proof the room from the ceiling to the floor. Do you think the sound will get out the room if someone lives below me?

Hey there, having once upon a time been military and specializing in generators I would google " quiet generators ". There does seem to be a pretty good selection. Were I you, I would opt for two small rather than one large as the exhaust will be pretty harsh. also, I would NOT put the genny in the same room as the grow for same reason. you should look for something between 45 decibels or dbs. to aroud 70dbs. anymore than this would be a risk for the ears of unwanted attention. Check out this genny *note* for your grow you would need two. Go to hayesequipment.com and check out the Robin-Subaru R1700i. they have a great selection, and honestly, generators are more effecient than using an outlet due to basically free electricity as opposed to a power bill. As I said before, HEED the warning when it comes to exhaust. maybe try putting a dryer vent sized hole close to the genny and see if you can't vent outside through it. Be a mcgyver and see what you can come up with. Happy hunting and good luck.

Be very careful with exhaust to make sure all is vented outside,or you will wake up dead.
What with the noise and ventilation problems, you are going to a lot of risk and trouble.

or you will wake up dead
You wont wake up at all :whoa:. Is this apartment in a complex, or stand alone? You will have to have very good ventilation for the generator, and make sure to have a good carbon monoxide detector. But in all honesty, you could probably get away with 5000w, even in a apartment, as long as you pay your bill on time, every time.

Back
Top Bottom