Georgia: Young Cannabis Oil Patient Ruled Brain Dead

Jacob Redmond

FOX has been following the story of 8-year old Savannah Talley whose family has been trying to get cannabis oil to treat her extreme seizure disorder.

According to the family's Facebook page, little Savannah developed a brain hemorrhage late Wednesday night and was declared brain dead.

She was able to get two doses of the cannabis oil, but the treatment was too late. The family plans to take her off support later this morning. They ask for you to pray for comfort for her family and friends during this time.
Previous article:

Family members say 8-year-old Savannah Talley's prognosis is not good. Her mother says she has been in a medically induced coma at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston for the last 30 days after she suddenly went from a healthy little girl to a critically ill child suffering from uncontrollable seizures.

Her mom says sometimes she experiences more than 100 in a day which has taken its toll on her little body.

"Having so many of them a day, it causes brain damage. It's killing a little part of your brain every time you have a seizure," says mom Britanie Talley.

The Talley family has prayed unceasingly as doctors have run more than 1,200 tests and tried countless medicines.

Since Gov. Deal signed the new medical marijuana bill, they now have a new option.

The family has turned to cannabis oil as a last resort and started paperwork Tuesday morning to expedite a registration card.

Britanie can hardly contain her excitement. She tells FOX 5 News that means Savannah could get cannabis oil in a matter of hours.

"I will give it to her myself. We can have a licensed card today to give her the oil and we can even give her the oil today, as long as we have the card," Mrs. Talley said.

Britanie, who has five daughters, says other moms have shared incredible stories of improvements in their children after administering the oil.

Anything, she says is better than watching her daughter deteriorate day after day.

"My daughter Alexis comes to asks me all the time, when is Savanah going to wake up? When is she going to come home and play with me? And that is very hard to sit and tell her. I don't know when," Mrs. Talley said.

Mrs. Talley says she has talked to some parents who have seen results in six hours after administering the oil.

13983.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Young cannabis oil patient ruled brain dead, family says - FOX 29 News Philadelphia | WTXF-TV
Author: Web Staff
Contact: Contact WTXF FOX 29 Philadelphia - FOX 29 News Philadelphia | WTXF-TV
Photo Credit: None Found
Website: FOX 29 News Philadelphia - FOX 29 News Philadelphia | WTXF-TV

Back
Top Bottom