GH Bio Thrive nutes

MAD DAWG

Has anyone tried the General Hydroponics Bio Thrive? I believe it's relatively new? In any case, one of the dudes at the hydro store I go to said they just started carrying it. He said they were trying it out on tomato plants and that they were looking and doing great. He said they were giving it twice the recommended dosage. I think it's totally organic? I think that's what he told me but I may be wrong.

Anyone with any experience using this? GENERAL HYDROPONICS

From what he was saying it sounded like a pretty good product. I have FF Grow Big, Tiger Bloom, and Big Bloom. I have only used the Big Bloom so far, and after hearing him talk about this Bio Thrive I am tempted to give it a try. I am more curious than anything. I spent the money on the FF nutes so I may as well use them. But if that Bio Thrive is all organic, which I think it is, I may use it on my next grow.

Well since I have not got a response on this I figure no one has used it? I was doing some research on it and if you go to the General Hydroponics web site and look at their feed chart, they state that there is no need to adjust nutrient PH level. Also on their blog I read where you don't have to ph your water using the Bio line. Reading on another board there seems to be some confusion on whether you need to ph your water or not. So I just shot General Hydroponics an e-mail asking about this. Hopefully I will get a response very soon. If not I will call them up.

The only thing I can think of is that the Bio organic line will not cause any ill effects or nutrient lock up regardless of your waters/soil ph.

I have been seriously thinking about getting these especially since I haven't done any feeding yet with the exception of using FF Big Bloom 1 time. I am 3 weeks in and just moved under my HPS. Other than the BB I have not used any nutes. So I am pretty sure I would be ok to use these.

Anyway if someone has any experience using the Bio Thrive line of products any feed back would be appreciated.

Ok. Got an e-mail back today from General Hydroponics. Here is their answer to my questions about if needing to PH water.....

"When the General Organics are applied to a soil/soilless medium, they do not need to be pH'ed. This is because there are no mineral ingredients, which are reliant on pH for root absorption due to electrical conductivity. In an organic root zone, microbial activity is responsible for nutrient breakdown and uptake thereby making pH a neutral point. It is truly a paradigm shift for the classic hydroponic gardener, but after examination makes all the sense in the world. Do some reading on organic gardening and you will see how this is possible."

So I went over to my local hydro store and exchanged my FF Grow Big and Tiger Bloom for the Bio Thrive Grow and the Bloom. Going to pick up Bio Bud and CaMg+ with my next check. Figure I will give these a try. I have been thinking on an organic grow, or as close to one as I can get. Mainly for taste and no or less chemicals. The dude at the hydro store said that when a rep from GH came out that he told them the same thing. No need to PH the water out. I'm still going to keep an eye on my PH but I am interested to find out about this Bio Thrive. I guess there is only one way and that is to give it a try and find out.

first of all i can't believe you could return those products it would never happen here, keep us posted HG is a good product. I'm hearing good things about their MAXIGROW products, cost and results.....I'm using the NOVA and am seeing outstanding results..

first of all i can't believe you could return those products it would never happen here, keep us posted HG is a good product. I'm hearing good things about their MAXIGROW products, cost and results.....I'm using the NOVA and am seeing outstanding results..

Hey what's up man? Well the Grow Big and Tiger Bloom had never been opened. I never cracked the caps. Even though I didn't have the receipt the dude was really cool about it. I have been there quite a few times now and he (they) are starting to get to know me. He is the one who sold me the FF nutes to begin with.

Yeah I will keep you posted. I am in week 4 as of today and yet to use anything other than FF Big Bloom once. So my feed schedule is a little off with their chart. Plus I just did a watering yesterday so it will be a few days before I can give it some Grow.

I was just saying that around here the people we deal with don't care, your fault their fault no returns. That is good customer service especially since it wasn't opened....

Hey man, w/ the switch go lite on the base nutes and boost the cal mg. In soil these nutes are more readily available to the plants. I quit using them and went back to FF. Check out my grows and you can see the difference.

I'd be really interested to hear how this is going and if you used the biothrive. Currently these seem best solutions since problend and ff was not available locally. +being organic and all. Please let me know in msg or post

and good luck with grow

Hi All,
i use the full GH BIO line, including BioRoot and BioWeed +CalMag, i also add some Liquid Karma just for fun :D
NOT only this is line is 100% organic, but its also Vegan plant food. For my meida i use Sunshine mix pro#4, and have NEVER PH adjusted my solution, the problem with organic nutes is that you can not keep it for long; it almost ruts and starts to smell after the first day, so i only mix what i need about an hour before watering and throw out any left overs.

I recently picked up the Bio line, and emailed GH for recommendations with the pH. My pH is about 4.3 without adjustment in the mix with the bios' and I'm shitting a brick, so I adjust it. Anyone tested pH just for kicks even though they dont adjust?

I'm damn curious to see how pH drops and raises with this stuff without adjustment.

let me know if you can. thanx fellow 420ers!!!

Just adding bio to normal water gives you a 4.3ph?! If so, what kind of water is it and what is its ph prior? If not sorry for misunderstanding.
I haven't updated since using..... But after I add the bio line my ph adjusts to a neutral 7.0ph without adding ph up/down. So I've added it to water prior to ph adjustments

boi thrive Bloom, Marine and CaMg+. My tap water is left out overnight to help de-chloronate it, and has a pH of 7.5-8 I check the pH after mixing, and then added GH pH up. I dunno. I'm going to mess around with it, and see if I can zero in on whats dropping the pH like a rock.

I'd love to hear why. I bet its fustrating because I can't see any real reason for it... and what I've heard online is its neutralized (7.0) other people's water as well.
Could passing the water through a brita/pur water filter prior to mixing perhaps help if there any contaminations causing it? Just an idea. Wish you luck jasonlee247

thanks! I am actually going to get a birtta in the next day or so. We'll see if that helps. I think I'm going to test pH after each ingredient is added to see if it's something in the mix. we'll see. I know GH is busy, but I hope that they get back to me.

later.

the tech @ mail is fine but their sales email hasn't written back in 2 weeks now. I wrote to them yesterday before I posted.

You have a sound plan and it should indicate the problem. Its similar to what I did on my first feeding.. But thats another story.

Can you run this in bubble buckets?

DWC? I've been told by numerous people that using the GO line in a DWC with mad amounts of small bubbles for aeration causes a heavy growth of microbial life - shown by lots of foaming.

I don't know that the above means you CAN'T use it in DWC, but it seems like it would be problematic and require modification to the setup.

I've not personally tried it.

DWC? I've been told by numerous people that using the GO line in a DWC with mad amounts of small bubbles for aeration causes a heavy growth of microbial life - shown by lots of foaming.

I don't know that the above means you CAN'T use it in DWC, but it seems like it would be problematic and require modification to the setup.

I've not personally tried it.

Ty sir.

iam currently using biothrive grow and bloom its a great product i started getting defects aswell didnt know y i thought it might of been the ph cause 7.0 is high for vegg i keep mine at 5.8 -6.0 then in flower i leave it at 6.0 -6.4 only cause at vegg thats a good level to let the plant get a good amount of nitrogen without it locking on u ...anyways also it is important u use the cal mag with this product cause idk y but the plant craves it .....

Back
Top Bottom