GH Subcutlure M & B

KiwiKing

Just picked up this product, both the M and the B formula. They are microorganisms that work with the plant in essence creating a larger root structure. Wondering if anyone has used this product and can provide me with any information they might have.

yeah just spot apply it to the roots systems from above - mix a lil solution adn then pour it into the roots I wouldn't leave it sitting around in a reservoir tahts for sure. or mix a res of it and dip all the root balls into it.
i use the sub culture m for rooting clones and usually apply myco to all of my plants but am being lazy. maybe I'll run it through soon.

I'm growing in soil so was planing on adding both the M and B to my soil mix, and then adding some more every couple weeks or so in the nutrient watering.

the two quarrels I have with those label instructions for the GH cultures are that if you apply throughout the soil and re apply every few weeks it uses a dang load of the stuff - and it doesn't last two weeks anyways so why apply it to the entire soil if its not going to last until the roots get there. its expensive - using that much is costly. I say spot apply in small quantity to the roots because that is all you need - once innoculated the fungi and bacto should propogate themselves throughout the root systems pretty well anyways.

Yeah, that was my thinking as well. Just thought i would water feed again to cover my bases - maybe not every couple of weeks but perhaps a couple more times throughout the grow. Another problem i have is it says start with M and then use B. Doesn't say when or why. Not really sure what to do, but am leaning on just mixing them in together.

the two quarrels I have with those label instructions for the GH cultures are that if you apply throughout the soil and re apply every few weeks it uses a dang load of the stuff - and it doesn't last two weeks anyways so why apply it to the entire soil if its not going to last until the roots get there. its expensive - using that much is costly. I say spot apply in small quantity to the roots because that is all you need - once innoculated the fungi and bacto should propogate themselves throughout the root systems pretty well anyways.

:goodjob:

Train is totally right.

Once inoculated, you are good to go on both.

I know nothing about the GH cultures, but this sounds like the classic 'wash, rinse, REPEAT':hmmmm::laughtwo:

How much does this stuff cost?

What I get, mycorrhizae concentrate to make 12 gallons is ~$8 delivered, and the EM concentrate to make 8 gallons is ~$21 delivered.

Quality fungus/bacteria doesn't have to be super expensive.:yummy:

DD

aye yea I have a product by plant revolution that was quite cost effective versus the sub culture but I have them both and use them both so thats that :)

2-4tblsp per 5 gallon of soil - so for my small pots I use about a tsp a container and it was about 24-30 ounces for 20 bucks myco whereas the sub culture is 5 ounces for 30 bucks

Initially i had planned on using Blue mountain Organic's Super Plant tonic which is $7 for 16 ounces of a liquid but it found the subculture and it was easier to get so i picked that up instead. I'm going to do a Barney's Farm Honey B grow during the summer and will use the SPT...might go all organic for that grow using BMO's full line.

Quick question you said the subculture doesn't last 2 weeks? Do you feed with molasses? Am i wrong in the assumption that the molasses would allow the bacteria and fungi to live and thrive or does the salt eventually kill them off. Don't they reproduce?

The bacteria only lives for aprox 20 mins when activated by water. Whatever bacteria that hasnt "started its thing" is dead. Yes you will need several waterings with soil I surmise. I use a bacteria bag in my resovoir.

Back
Top Bottom