Glass on glass....HELP!

truckdrift

alright, so i go to my buddies place to for a bong cleaning session, a few bongs in he grabs his PHx, tries to pull the down stem out...stuck. we boiled water and put it in a bucket with HOT water for about 30 min. try and pull it out, no luck. tried to let oil rest on top and seep in, nothin. put soapy water in the bottom bubble and let it rest upside down with the soapy water on the inside hopefully to seep in from the backside...no luck...does anyone know of a trick to get glass on glass unstuck without breaking anything???

i had that happen, its was so ridiculously stuck when i thought there was no hope i pulled the stem out of the bong grabbed both ends of it and pulled as hard as i could and it came apart, when i did this i was very frustrated and had given up hope on getting it out i was more than prepared for it to break in my hands but luckily it didnt

dam that must have gone a while before he pulled out the female stem, i clean mine every session know i got a legit reason.Also maybe try twisting it if you haven't tried already. good luck :roorrip:

Do you mean Ground Glass Joints? (frosted male/female?) Sometimes a heat gun can be used to get the outer one to expand...but it's tricky keeping the inner one cooler. Another tried and true method is to wrap with a thin towel and use light tapping on a hard surface while pulling with a light twist. All of these can lead to breakage & blood. Warming with tapping often does the trick.

Might also try a soak in acetone or 91% isopropyl alcohol from the drug store. *DO NOT APPLY HEAT - they're very flammable* They are more prone to seep into the space between the layers and lubricate.

You can also try to put some like lubricant like vasoline on it and try to wiggle it out. If that doesnt work just wash it off.... Good luck bro!

thank you all for the tips, ill start gettin at it today, and let yall know which one works

Soaking it in a bowl of iced water for an hour or so may help, then twist and pull rather than just pull.
There is no easy way of sorting it.... keep your fingers crossed and you may get away without any breakages.
Good luck!
:smokin:

they are one...it impossible without breakage, havent done it yet but i think i need a towel and a butter knife

i have had issues like that, never to the point i couldn't get it off with a little exesive force, but gl man. the female is always the worst. just had a female break half in the laser cut piece and the bong was broken accidently trying to get it out...GL again!

Back
Top Bottom