Got a question about an illadelph

Haha420

Ok so a very good friend of mine has been with me through thick and thin. he was with me through a lot of medical stuff growing up and was one of the first people i let know that i became a medical marijuana patient (i was afraid to tell anyone at first) and since i made it through my first year of college without losing myself in the process he told me he is giving me a gift to take with me when i move this summer.

did it surprise me? HELL YA
hes not dead set on an illadelph though, he just knows theyre high quality like roors

but i think hes throwing out hints making sure this is the right waterpipe to pick up. so this is where anyone with know how on glass can help me out. any input would be great as he and i both want to make sure we make the right investment.

thank you in advance!

ninja edit: oh and he already told me he wants it to have a perc for more filtration so please keep that in mind if you throw out other ideas my way :peace:

no one wants to drop some input or help on my brain?
im surprised KL didnt drop by with her expertise in glass, i need second opinions everyone! help me out is it a good buy or no?

I hate those bubble bases, too easy to tip, and the plastic thing near the slide is not very appealing to me either. Otherwise, the price is right and it has a perc in it. But if KL says they are good, chances are thats the case.

However, for $360 you might want to look at a RooR or even a sweet pHx. A 7mm Green label Ice Master German RooR is about the same price.

Kittyloaf said:
The plastic thing is called a Keck clip. While they are kinda unattractive, they're actually surprisingly clever little things. Makes it a ton easier to pull just the bowl, instead of both the bowl and downstem (which causes a "dry carb"- I do it sometimes, but not that often)

I give the downstem on my RooR a little extra "push and twist" and that locks the sintered glass parts together tightly. I have NEVER accidently pulled the downstem at the same time as the slide, it has not happened to me, but I see how it could. I just think that having plastic anywhere on a high quality glass pipe is cheesey. If you pay almost $400 for a pipe, there should be NO plastic anywhere on it. Just my opinion.

Also, I don't like the fancy double walled slides. Granted the color change is cool but they are too hard to clean out compared to the stadard RooR slide. The Illadelphs are nice, but they simply do not suit my tastes. I guess to each, his own.

Sorry if I am biased towards the RooRs, I would be the first person to admit that is in fact the case. I do indeed hold every other glass waterpipe up to the standards of a RooR.

Also KL, my RooR is not a perc, and while I realize they too are pretty awesome, I don't think I would have the lung power to pull through all that extra water. My RooR with diffuser stem and Ice catches is all the filtration I feel that I need. And yes it is true that these are a good deal if you get a pipe with a perc in it for about $360.

that is a kick ass bong man.

Thank you guys for giving me some feedback! believe me i am GLOWING but at the same time pretty stressed about it, it is a lot of money and i just want to double check and cross all the t's and dot the i's.

KL hows the drag on the illa perc? im shying away from the PHX from all ive heard about the immense drag involved with them.

thank you guys for your feedback!

Illadelphs are very well made bongs, you'd be lucky to have one. RooR, phX, and Illadelph are all about the same as far as quality goes, they are among the best of the best. I've smoked out of all 3 and I like them all, I don't know if I could pick a favorite. I like the name, Illadelph. "Put the killa in tha illa" as a friend of mine used to say

i have to say that looks like a mighty good bong, and you are damn lucky to have such a friend

Back
Top Bottom