Grand Rapids Medical Marijuana Clinic To Open April 5

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
The Mid Michigan Compassion Club is setting up shop in downtown Grand Rapids. Twice a week, a local doctor will see patients at a new office, located at 678 Front Street NE.

Patients will need to show three years documented medical history. The physician will evaluate each case and if they qualify the group will help prepare necessary paperwork and applications for a medical marijuana card.

"Strictly that's all we do here is certify patients and help them with their paperwork with the state," says Mid Michigan Compassion Club founder, David Overholt.

Overholt says for a $200 fee, the club contracts the doctor, a portion of the funds will go to charities in the community.

Overholt consumes marijuana for an injury that had him addicted to Oxicontin for more than 15 years. Overholt has permission to grow the plants and use the marijuana to ease his pain. He's now free of prescription drugs.

"I take nothing absolutely nothing. I was taking enough Oxicontin that any normal person would probably die from if they took that dosage in one day," Overholt said.

Overholt says the club was established to help people through the process of obtaining medical marijuana. The clinic will open Monday April 5. For more information visit Mid Michigan Compassion Club.

NewsHawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: wzzm13.com
Copyright: 2010 wzzm13.com
Website: Grand Rapids medical marijuana clinic to open April 5 | wzzm13.com | Grand Rapids, MI

• Thanks to MedicalNeed for submitting this article

I have chronic pain and am about to make and apointment AT mmmcc in detriot. AN APOINTMENT IN Grand Rapids would be alot closer, a request for files are in at my doctors office but havent been sent yet. Please advise, but advise quickly. Thankyou GARY000056 ...... salacina@aol.com

Back
Top Bottom