Granddaddy Purple Auto DWC September 2021

Hey enchanted65!
For a Silica additive look for something derived from Mono-silicic acid or MSA. If you do a search on here that should pull up plenty of reading material for it.

Just looking at your equipment, do you have an airpump?

It's very doable in those buckets, but you know you're gonna have your hands full with that small of a dwc bucket when the roots get massive? I'm not trying to discourage you, just making sure you know. @Tokin Roll could weigh in much better, as he's actually done DWC
Hi Rexer - I do have an air pump 7.8 lpm, cylinder 4x2 air stone and black tubing, sorry forgot to include. Not discouraging, encouraging! Nothing but love!
Did some reading on MSA and for now I am gonna follow the KISS philosophy. My noobie head is spinning!

Hey all!
1st Grow Journal and thought I would start from the very beginning. This is my second plant - first was a practice that turned out to be a boy (unknown bag seed). I got some great practice for about 7 - 8 weeks, though!
Started germinating seed on September 5, 2021
September 7 - 8, 2021 - there is about a 2cm sprout peeking out. Germinating in glass jar with tap water, covered and placed in a warm dark cabinet.
The plan is to get her into a Rapid Rooter. Is it too early to put her in the Rapid Rooter or wait until the sprout is a bit longer?
She will grow in a 3.5 gallon bucket using a 6 inch Rhizocore basket bucket lid w/hydroton, 2x2x4 grow tent, 300W LED grow light. Rhizocore lid came with bucket and I hope I understand how to use it! Any advice is totally appreciated!
In the tent there are 2 oscillating fans, carbon filter and inline fan outside the tent with venting outside.
Temperature in room where grow tent is stays around 75 - 76F. We live in a very humid area and will be using a dehumidifier to keep RH 50 - 55.
Will be feeding with General Hydroponics FloraMicro, -Grow, -Bloom, CALiMAGic and Botanicare Hydroguard.
This is really exciting and it is so good to have found this community!
Thanks for any and all suggestions, feedback, advice!
Happy growing y'all
enchanted65
20210908_185506.jpg
20210908_185534.jpg
20210908_190355.jpg
Hey Peeps! Saturday, Sep. 11, ‘21 put sprouted seed in rapid rooter and this Sunday, Sep. 12, ‘21 she looks like this.
A8A6B7C2-014B-4DE5-9AEF-A179780CF3F8.jpeg

Hey all!
1st Grow Journal and thought I would start from the very beginning. This is my second plant - first was a practice that turned out to be a boy (unknown bag seed). I got some great practice for about 7 - 8 weeks, though!
Started germinating seed on September 5, 2021
September 7 - 8, 2021 - there is about a 2cm sprout peeking out. Germinating in glass jar with tap water, covered and placed in a warm dark cabinet.
The plan is to get her into a Rapid Rooter. Is it too early to put her in the Rapid Rooter or wait until the sprout is a bit longer?
She will grow in a 3.5 gallon bucket using a 6 inch Rhizocore basket bucket lid w/hydroton, 2x2x4 grow tent, 300W LED grow light. Rhizocore lid came with bucket and I hope I understand how to use it! Any advice is totally appreciated!
In the tent there are 2 oscillating fans, carbon filter and inline fan outside the tent with venting outside.
Temperature in room where grow tent is stays around 75 - 76F. We live in a very humid area and will be using a dehumidifier to keep RH 50 - 55.
Will be feeding with General Hydroponics FloraMicro, -Grow, -Bloom, CALiMAGic and Botanicare Hydroguard.
This is really exciting and it is so good to have found this community!
Thanks for any and all suggestions, feedback, advice!
Happy growing y'all
enchanted65
20210908_185506.jpg
20210908_185534.jpg
20210908_190355.jpg
Hey 420 folks,
Update:
Sat., 9/11 put sprouted seed in Rapid Rooter, when I saw a root coming out the bottom, place her in 3.5 gallon bucket (waiting for my Hydrop Shop to get the 5 gallon buckets in). Added 1/4 strength nutrients and adjusted ph to 5.8/5.9 and she is in the grow tent with temps around 76 -79 degrees, RH around 49 - 51%. ph jumped to 6.5 for the next 2 days and I adjusted to 5.8/5.9 - each day after that until today ph stayed around 6.1 - today, Wed. 9/22 ph was 5.9. Last nite she fell over a bit like she was coming out of the rapid rooter??? I used a plastic pipette as a post, training wire (made a little circle so wire is not holding or touching her, unless she wants it to!) and a few hydroton to support her. I think sprouting in the water, then putting in Rapid Rooter I may not have gotten her deep enough - I used tweezers to place her root down, but didn't want to push on the sprouting seed. I hope I didn't mess her up! Checked on her when lights came on tonite and she seems fine. Any thoughts or advice is greatly appreciated. Here are the photos. Forgive the photos still trying to 1. remember to take photos and 2. practicing taking photos! Thanks!
20210922_101629.jpg
20210922_101646.jpg

And, I was fortunate enough to receive a larger tent, so I started another seed. This time placed in Rapid Rooter from the beginning on Sunday, 9/12/21. She started showing a root, I think, Sat. 9/17 and I put her in a 3.5 gallon bucket Mon., 9/20 with 1/4 nutrients and adjusted ph to 5.9 - 6.0. Her name is Joie GDP and she is Granddaddy Purple, too. Her ph daily is around 6.5 and I am adjusting to 5.8 - 5.9. Looking for all the invaluable advice that 420 mag brings! Thanks! Here are her pictures.

20210922_101651.jpg
20210922_101636.jpg

Hey 420 folks,
Update:
Sat., 9/11 put sprouted seed in Rapid Rooter, when I saw a root coming out the bottom, place her in 3.5 gallon bucket (waiting for my Hydrop Shop to get the 5 gallon buckets in). Added 1/4 strength nutrients and adjusted ph to 5.8/5.9 and she is in the grow tent with temps around 76 -79 degrees, RH around 49 - 51%. ph jumped to 6.5 for the next 2 days and I adjusted to 5.8/5.9 - each day after that until today ph stayed around 6.1 - today, Wed. 9/22 ph was 5.9. Last nite she fell over a bit like she was coming out of the rapid rooter??? I used a plastic pipette as a post, training wire (made a little circle so wire is not holding or touching her, unless she wants it to!) and a few hydroton to support her. I think sprouting in the water, then putting in Rapid Rooter I may not have gotten her deep enough - I used tweezers to place her root down, but didn't want to push on the sprouting seed. I hope I didn't mess her up! Checked on her when lights came on tonite and she seems fine. Any thoughts or advice is greatly appreciated. Here are the photos. Forgive the photos still trying to 1. remember to take photos and 2. practicing taking photos! Thanks!
20210922_101629.jpg
20210922_101646.jpg

Hey enchanted65

Looks to me like she's stretching for more light. Adjust your light, just don't over do it, they're sensitive to large changes in the intensity...but she needs more, turn it up a bit, or bring the light a bit closer.

Hey enchanted65

Looks to me like she's stretching for more light. Adjust your light, just don't over do it, they're sensitive to large changes in the intensity...but she needs more, turn it up a bit, or bring the light a bit closer.
Thanks for the feedback Rexer! I lowered the light a couple of inches closer.

Thanks for the feedback Rexer! I lowered the light a couple of inches closer.
Hey enchanted65! Anytime!

Keep a close eye, you may have to dim, or raise a bit to find the happy spot. But hopefully that will stop her stretching, and she'll start putting more leaves out

Back
Top Bottom