Green lights

datrippp

Ok, So ive read that using a green light in your grow room allows you to work in there during the dark period without affecting the plant.. Just curious about some opinions on this. I have a green cfl in my tent that I put up for this purpose since lights are on during the colder night period, And off during daytime hours..
Any input is welcome, Just wanting some feedback from folks who may or may not use em and why..
Thanks

normally id say it should be safe because plants can see/use green light. but when u say CFL i dunno if u mean the actual light is green, or if the spectrum is green light.

if its a green cfl i wouldnt use it. but if it just emits light from the green spectrum, you should be ok.

If you use a green light from walmart, or lowes, the one for houseplants then the answer is, no, as this kind of light will promote growth. Stick to the black light, it provides the plant with no kind of useful engery.

I would think a green incandescent bulb would work. But as stated above, use black lights. Not the long florescent looking ones, but the regular bulbs. And as having a useful effect for the plant, there is indeed a benefit. Black lights can emit IR in a certain wavelength that is called photosynthetic artificial darkness (PAD). Meaning the plant still thinks its dark. However this messes with the biological clock of the plant over time.

Just don't leave it on all night or the plant might think it got 14 hours of darkness. complicated but should be completely fine for viewing purposes.

Back
Top Bottom