Greetings from Scotland!

Hazy_Dayz

Hey everyone, my name's Steve and I'm from Glasgow in Scotland. I came across this site today and it seemed like a cool place with some cool people, so I decided to join.

I'm a musician who enjoys a good toke with friends and sometimes by myself, great for thinking outside the box and being creative and generally turning what could be a boring night into something a little more interesting.

I look forward to conversing with you all. :allgood:

Welcome to the boards Hazy....... do you have any interesting grow stories from Scotland?I'm sure all would like to hear of them....:cheesygrinsmiley: :peace: :smokin3: :bongrip:

Stoner4Life said:
Welcome to the boards Hazy....... do you have any interesting grow stories from Scotland?I'm sure all would like to hear of them....:cheesygrinsmiley: :peace: :smokin3: :bongrip:

I'm afraid I don't I still haven't ventured into growing yet, considering my situation, I'm living with my mother for the next couple of years and I doubt she'd be pleased if she found I was growing and I have no place to grow really...

I came back from studying music in London for the last year a couple of months ago with a really bad overdraft and I will be working to pay it off and save for heading back down to study further. If I get my own flat the amount I can save is minimum but by staying with my mother and only really having to pay for my own food and just a little extra to help her pay the mortgage I can save a crap load than if I had to pay rent for my own flat or even when sharing. I'd much rather live elsewhere though...

At least I can still smoke in my room when she's not around. :smokin:

I do however have a friend who was in a similar situation and found away around it by growing in some speaker cabinets in his room, set up with a fluorescent light system. Pity he had to stop when his mum caught on to the fact the electricity bill had been much higher than it "should" have been.

High prices for high times.

Or how bout running, hiding from the cops in Scotland? Do the cops wear kilts? That'd be a rip..... no offense please Hazy, but I got a silly picture of a buncha cop in kilts running around the woods trying to catch the bad guy marajuana gardener. I gotta smile.......:cheesygrinsmiley::peace:

420am&pm said:
Welcome to the boards .... What kinda musician are you ?? Or what do you play ?

I play various styles, jazz, funk, experimental stuff. I'm mainly a bass player writing solo bass style music and playing in a metal band but I also do experimental acoustic guitar music.

Are you a musician yourself?

Stoner4Life said:
Or how bout running, hiding from the cops in Scotland? Do the cops wear kilts? That'd be a rip..... no offense please Hazy, but I got a silly picture of a buncha cop in kilts running around the woods trying to catch the bad guy marajuana gardener. I gotta smile.......:cheesygrinsmiley::peace:

Ha ha, few of us wear kilts here man, sometimes on special occasions like weddings some people will wear them or to try and out-Scot the next guy and get attention. Personally I'd only wear a kilt if there was a considerable monetary reward. :laughtwo:

The cops here are relatively lax about it, here weed is a class-C drug, the lowest drug classification, most of the time if caught all they do is confiscate it and give you a proverbial slap on the wrist. As long as you don't piss a cop off your fine and if it is a relatively small amount. You can carry up to about an ounce and still only get a verbal warning! However some cops are more vigilant than others and can arrest you. Maximum sentence for possession is 2 years but is very rare.

I've had a few close calls toking with some mates by the river and having to toss the stash. Once to get away we ran round a corner and into a gay bar figuring they'd never think we'd go in there and they kept on running past. :laughtwo:

Stoner4Life said:
I'll bet there's not alot of room to grow outdoors. Land is such a premium on island nations....... no wasted space I'll bet.

There is plenty of land actually, but it is just cloudy all the time, relatively cold most of the year and pisses down a lot. Nearly impossible to grow anything decent round here if anything at all.

That makes sense I suppose, I live in northern Minnesota. It gets so cold here so damned fast that frost gets to everything but the earliest flowering indicas....... I suppose Lowryder would be a good strain for here

I've had a few close calls toking with some mates by the river and having to toss the stash. Once to get away we ran round a corner and into a gay bar figuring they'd never think we'd go in there and they kept on running past. :laughtwo:

That's a good one..... now if we can incorporate the cops wearing kilts, them running into the gay bar, & having never been seen or heard from again I think we have a winner of a story working here..........:cheesygrinsmiley:

Stoner4Life said:
That's a good one..... now if we can incorporate the cops wearing kilts, them running into the gay bar, & having never been seen or heard from again I think we have a winner of a story working here..........:cheesygrinsmiley:

:laughtwo:

Have to say though, after that incident I don't smoke in public places in Glasgow anymore. The cops always go by the river because a lot of junkies often go down there to shoot up. It is beautiful getting stoned and watching the water though on a nice day in the summer. Thank god we had only been smoking for a few minutes at the time when the cops clocked what we were doing and started chasing us. I can't exactly run too well stoned. :laughtwo:

Any close calls getting away from the cops yourself?

Hazy_Dayz said:
I play various styles, jazz, funk, experimental stuff. I'm mainly a bass player writing solo bass style music and playing in a metal band but I also do experimental acoustic guitar music.

Are you a musician yourself?

I play mostly electric guitar sometimes acoustic, not in a band or anything ... just get stoned and play classic rock ... pink floyd, neil young stuff like that, not really that good but i try .

HappyKid said:
Hi! I've always wanted to go to Scotland. Do you ever see J.K Rowling walking around?

Nah, she lives in a castle near Edinburgh as far as I know. :laughtwo:

So there seriously castles over there? Thats crazy man, How do they hold up to against like rain and snow and just cold weather ?

I'd been caught twice, no chases for weed: First time 1984, behind a bar I worked at the cop rolled up before I could put a lick on the joint, he took it from me w/o spilling any of it of course. He then started asking about the bar owners daughter he had the hots for, I played the game and chatted him up for a bit. He had a look thru the car finding nothing else when I asked him if I could have it back as it was the last weed I had, I showed him the empty weed bag & he just said...."Look by the curb there, I didn't drop any." Then he got in his car and took off.
Second time '86, I was rolling a joint in FRONT of that same bar, I didn't learn so easy in those days. I'd just put the lick on that joint when I saw the police cruiser pull in. I stuck the joint behind my ear & long hair but I had an ounce of sweet ass Colombian Gold in my lap. I got the same routine from this cop too. Chatted me up about the bar owners daughter (I know she got high too) and then told me to wait in my car. He had my license and weed in hand and went back to the cruiser to run my license status. This cop got high & I knew that cause a freind of mine dealt to him (I WOULD NEVER!) and he was more or less ok.... after he came back w/ my license he warned me he'd bust me next time! I asked him if I was gonna get my weed back & he told me to look on the ground (I feared he emptied my bag) and there it was! He peeld out of the lot before I even saw that he'd left me bout half that ounce........:cheesygrinsmiley:

My families from Scotland...:3

I want to go over there and visit them someday.

but welcome to the boards!!

<3 Bunny

Back
Top Bottom