Greetings

Kilroy64

Hello 420 forum friends!

I have been lurking for a week or so and have found lots of great info! This really sounds like a fun and interesting hobby.

I did battle with guillain-barré syndrome some years back and just never did recover fully. I had always had a touchy back and after GB it just seemed to get worse. I live on Advil, heat packs and hot showers. I am one of the many that cannot carry health insurance plus I do not like to take prescription pills anyway.

I found that cannabis really helps the pain so why not grow some?

I have never grown anything before so this is going to be quite an adventure.

Looking forward to chatting with you folks.

Talk to you soon!

Greetings Kilroy64!! Welcome to 420magazine forums! Great place to get your questions and concerns cleared up no doubt. Sorry to hear about your pains, MMj is very sutible for our treatment in my opinion. Why not grow a plant to help you out, right? Don't get yourself too stressed and worked up about your first grow like I did, it is a weed. Let it grow like a weed and don't over power it and it will do you right :Namaste: There is a lot of stuff you do have to learn to grow truly medical grade cannabis, but hey, we are all works in progress :peace: Once you get the basics down you will be good to keep on learning. Planning on doing an indoor or outdoor grow Kilroy? If you do an indoor grow I highly suggest raising your grow for the purpose of saving your back, hope everything stays well. And again, welcome!

CA215

Thanx CA!

I am looking a growing indoors on a very small scale. I am a real lightweight, a one or two hit a night guy (on working days) when it comes to smoking so a little lasts a long time. But I think this would be a interesting hobby.

I am thinking about a stealth grow box, something like this.

48" Tall Hydro System 4 Foot Stealth Grow Cabinet Incognito Speaker Box Huge | eBay

Seems fairly automated, self contained and simple. I am sure there is more to it but like you said.... this isn't rocket science.

Again thanks for the warm welcome and hope you don't mind answering questions as I go along.

Any thoughts on these kinds of cabinets?

Sounds like a good idea, I on the other hand smoke like a chimney, kind of hard keeping the burner stoked if ya know what I mean :laugh: We have a few people who do these smaller "micro grows" and have some pretty sweet success. I personally would never buy a cabinet like that pre made, they make a total killing on profit when we can make the exact thing in a few easy steps with about 75% less of out of pocket cost.. I can understand purchasing something premade if health/space/equipment tools are issues in your realm. We have a couple DIY threads also that give you step by step in building a small grow space like you are intending on. Here are a couple from a buddy moutaingoat, he's got a step by step thread on how to and I think he still grows with the cabinet, Cabinet Micro Grow, and he also has a second one which is in a PC Modem! A little smaller than I think you are shooting for but, hey, it might help down right road right, And this is moutaingoat's PC Grow Box. Can't wait to see what you make of all this, keep up the good work Kilroy :thumb: :peace: CA215

Some pretty cool stuff there and looks pretty easy.

But with my tricky back the thought of spending even a little time bent over to construct such a thing is a bit painful. So even though it is easy to build I will gladly spend the money to avoid the discomfort.

Can't wait to get started and am loving browsing the threads that are full of info!

Yeah, thought that could be an issue, in that case it would be a pretty good idea, I would even make a post in the FAQ asking for any input on maybe if there is a better model out there that you could shoot for purchasing.. but really think about maybe getting your grow room lifted a tab bit, would save your back brotha. I had minor pains and aches and with tending to the crops, I do feel a little degraded but all in the name of mmj right.. Any specific location you are planning on growing? Closet? Maybe a grow tent? :peace: CA215

I will post in the FAQ. Maybe somebody has upgraded to a new grow closet and has an older one for sale?

I have a 4ft deep, 5 feet wide and 8 foot high walk in closet. I was going to put a grow cabinet in there.

I was going to just line the walls with reflective stuff and grow right in there but it sounds like a grow cabinet lets you control the temperature a bit better.

Could possibly.. I'm not sure if we have a "classifieds" spot on 420magazine, but the FAQ would be the place to be forsure. A room in general might be better temp wise as you have time to adjust with the room being so big. With a closed cabinet you are going to want to make sure your atmosphere is on point before you even germinate a seed as you don't want the temp rising to like 100 in a matter of a few minutes. Sounds like you know what you want and have it planned :thumb: Keep it up Kilroy :peace: CA215

Back
Top Bottom