Grow box made from pool-side storage box - Check it out!

John1961

I have this home-grown grow box that I constructed from a pool-side storage box. I bought the box at my local home improvement store for around $125.00.

bBVBHXb.jpg

I first added some swivel wheels to the bottom so that I can move the box around easily. I painted the inside flat wide to get as much light reflectivity as possible. I added a foam seal all around the lid to ensure no air escapes that way. I installed a 120mm computer fan at the bottom to push air into the box.

alh5l2p.jpg

At the top of the box, I added a 75cfm squirrel-cage extraction fan. Mounted to the fan is a phresh 4x8 carbon filter to remove as much odor as possible. There is 25 cubic feet of volume in the box and with the filter attached to the fan (slowing air flow a bit), I figure I'm still replacing the air in the box at least twice a minute.

yHASpQV.jpg

Above is a closeup of the inside top of the box showing the extraction fan and filter. I also installed a power-strip with integral timer. Four outlets are "always on" and feed my intake and extraction fans which run constantly. The other four outlets are controlled by the timer and are where I plug in my LED grow lights.

Below is a pic of the back of the box. Just wanted to show the intake fan at the bottom and the "exhaust port" at the top. I also installed a four-inch duct adapter so I can hook the box up to a dryer duct and extract the air to the outside if desired.

o4x2tPh.jpg

And here she is ready to go. Eventually, I'll get rid of the chains and add a light pulley system, but for now the chains give me plenty of control over light height.

zGaq5tq.jpg

I have a seed of "Blueberry Headband" germinating in a solo cup now and within a few days will take up residence in her new home for the next few months.

Tell me what you think. If you experienced indoor growers have any suggestions on how I can improve this box, please let me know!

Back
Top Bottom