Grow Light..plz help

Buddy21

Can somebody use a 65watt soft white Flood light in a Standard light bulb socket?

Oh...like the ones I use. Except mine are not only billed as a security light with a dawn to dusk sensor but are 500watt equivalent with a 65 watt bulb. I got my last one at lights of America for $35.00 but they sell the same ones at Home Depot and Cosco. I bought one at the local cosco 5 years ago for $15.00 and it's still working great. Here's a link. Either one will work. The only difference is the outer case color.

Lights of America 65W Fluorex floodlight (Brown) (9266)
Lights of America 65W Fluorex floodlight (White) (9265)
Here's a tip...remove the lens. It reduces the amount of lumens reaching the plants. You have to cover the dawn to dusk sensor for the light to work right.

Yeah they used to come with a clear dawn to dusk sensor cover and a smoke coloured one that allowed a person to cover or bypass the sensor and use a light switch to turn on and off the light until they found out we were using them to grow with.lol Now they only give you the clear cover. A piece of duct tape works just as well though.

And to answer the original poster...no you cannot use this bulb in a standard socket unless it has it's own ballast. All the 65watt ones I've seen and the ones I use have a external electronic ballast in the case.

The Spot is only 24" high x 29" wide

So how many lights should I use for such a small space?

Back
Top Bottom