Grow tent Temperature problems

DanS

Hey Guys,

I currently have a 1x2m x 1x2m x 1.85m secret jardin tent with some really good looking plants coming through.

I have been looking at the temperature produced by the light and have realised that I am not going to be able to utilise the height of the tent because of the heat produced by the bulb. As it stands at the moment, I am controlling the temperature with the carbon filtered extraction fan and ensuring the plants stay close to the inlet or mesh window. This is working well but as they get bigger I know they will hit temperatures about 35C and will harm them.

I was thinking about using another fan connected to the inlet and use ducting to direct the air around the bulb and top of the plants. Is this a good solution?

Also at the moment the plants are a few cheeky auto's and have been given 24 hours of light but I will be changing it to 18/6 in a few days time. When the light is off the temperature drops very low, around 14C, if not lower, is this a problem for any plants (auto or non), if so any solutions for this?

Thanks guys, any input is good input.

not sure about C temps, I'm used to Farenheit temps. Yes get an intake fan and that will help with temps. What is your exhaust fan and filter combo. If that's not moving enough CFM then you're temps will be high too. In smaller tents I haven't had temp issues provided I had enough airflow unless the room the tent was in had elevated temps. If that's the case, all you can do is ensure great tent airflow and you will probably still be a few degrees higher in the tent vs outside in the room. I've had to run an AC in my master room that holds my tents.

Hey Guys,

I currently have a 1x2m x 1x2m x 1.85m secret jardin tent with some really good looking plants coming through.

I have been looking at the temperature produced by the light and have realised that I am not going to be able to utilise the height of the tent because of the heat produced by the bulb. As it stands at the moment, I am controlling the temperature with the carbon filtered extraction fan and ensuring the plants stay close to the inlet or mesh window. This is working well but as they get bigger I know they will hit temperatures about 35C and will harm them.

I was thinking about using another fan connected to the inlet and use ducting to direct the air around the bulb and top of the plants. Is this a good solution?

Also at the moment the plants are a few cheeky auto's and have been given 24 hours of light but I will be changing it to 18/6 in a few days time. When the light is off the temperature drops very low, around 14C, if not lower, is this a problem for any plants (auto or non), if so any solutions for this?

Thanks guys, any input is good input.

Hi!
I used to have big problems with my tent. The main issue is the heat from the lamps and the ballasts. My solution was to buy a reflector like cool tube, that im installed into my ventilation system. And I moved the ballast outside the tent. I have also two fans who keep the air circulation flowing inside the tent.

:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom