Growing different strains at the same time

Pross

Anyone have any ideas on how close plants can be together in a hydroponic DWC setup? Also can you grow different strains in the same hydroponic DWC setup without any problems. I plan on growing all indica dominant hybrids with the same height and flowering periods. But I was worrying about the plants getting to close to one another.

i have no hydro experience but keep in mind, the closer the plants are the better chances it has of leaves from another plant blocking the light,

You can grow them as close as you want. The closer they are, the better chance of getting runts though. How large do you want your plants?
Growing different strains inn one DWC system can be an issue. Some plants want more nutes then others, and that's the issue. Do you feed more to the one that wants it and chance burning the other? Or do you feed less and have under developed buds on the one that wants more food? I have seen people grow multiple strains and not have nute issues, but if one plant has an issue, to fix it, you will be messing with all plants in the res.
What size res are you using?

Well I have a 30 gallon reservoir with 8 pots on top. all the plant will be indica and flower/height will be tbe same. I researched and its swid that forvevery plant there needs to be 3 gallons.

You can grow them as close as you want. The closer they are, the better chance of getting runts though. How large do you want your plants?
Growing different strains inn one DWC system can be an issue. Some plants want more nutes then others, and that's the issue. Do you feed more to the one that wants it and chance burning the other? Or do you feed less and have under developed buds on the one that wants more food? I have seen people grow multiple strains and not have nute issues, but if one plant has an issue, to fix it, you will be messing with all plants in the res.
What size res are you using?

:goodjob::thanks:

VOJ nailed it.

The problem really shows itself running sativa and indica together, but can still crop up running all indica dom or sativa dom strains.

I would really suggest just running 1 strain at the time till you get a few grows under your belt. You are going to have a big enough learning curve to deal with with 1 strain without having to deal with the requirements of several.

DD

Back
Top Bottom