Growing feminized seeds & crossbreeds

Lost In Nugs

Hey guys. I am 4 days after the flip and due the final defoliation i cut some clones from Atomical Haze and Nebula.

I am planning on buying a small 1x1x2 tent for 2 or 4 small clones. I want to try one of the 2 possibilities and need to learn more a about it.

A) veg 2 from each strain to a point. then sexchange one of each strain with colloidal silver and CAREFULLY pollinate the other, killing the new 'males' ending with one AH producing feminized AH seeds and a nebula producing nebula seeds.

B) veg only one strong clone from each strain and create a cross between AH x Nebula.

For option B. Is it a difference which strain produces the pollen and which is going to produce the seeds for the final product? When i use colloidal silver they are feminized anyway i guess.

What do you think? Ever tried it? I will try this in another room during a time i dont grow any plants for flowers in the house and be ULTRACAREFUL with that pollen.

How long this pollen is active before it 'dies'?

Re: Growing feminized seeds/crossbreeds

My limited experience is that the seeds tend to take after their mother. I'm not sure if that's always true but I use that experience when deciding which one becomes the mom.
My latest and best way of making seeds with CS has been to root two cuttings, plant them and put them immediately into the flowering room- spraying one and leaving the other, then removing the sprayed one once it starts getting dangerous levels of hermie flowers. This resulted for me in plants about 8" high- easy to manage and perfect for producing a few hundred seeds. I isolate it elsewhere under a cfl. When it's ready I take its mate out to it for their date then destroy the 'male'. You can spray the newly pollinated bride with water afterwards to stop pollen spreading.

Re: Growing feminized seeds/crossbreeds

Alright. Maybe i should sexchange an Atomical and a Nebula to find out the differences between the 2 ways.

So i end up with one seedmother of each strain. This should be very interesting.

I seriously have to find a way to collect the pollen from each plant not mixing it up and get wrong results

I hope some more guys find this thread sharing their experience

Back
Top Bottom