Brain Burning Questions On Feminized Seed Creation

HighTechRasta

After the studying I've done on making feminized seeds with colloidal silver, I'm still left with these questions...

• what is the rate of failure, in ending up with predominantly hermy seeds?
  • are people using this silver method to cross?
  • would using the hermy pollen on a different strain result in less chance of hermy seeds?
  • It's my understanding, using the pollen on the donor plant or another of the same strain has the high hermy risk, donor being the highest?

Thanks in Advance!!

After the studying I've done on making feminized seeds with colloidal silver, I'm still left with these questions...

• what is the rate of failure, in ending up with predominantly hermy seeds?
  • are people using this silver method to cross?
  • would using the hermy pollen on a different strain result in less chance of hermy seeds?
  • It's my understanding, using the pollen on the donor plant or another of the same strain has the high hermy risk, donor being the highest?
Thanks in Advance!!
I think what you are failing to realize is that when you use colloidal silver on one branch of a plant you are not causing that Branch to become a Hermie! And the seeds that you would get from self pollinating a plant with its own pollen from a branch treated with colloidal silver has no more chance of becoming a hermaphrodite then the plant that created them seeds.
The easiest way I can explain it is that when you treat a branch of a plant with colloidal silver all you are doing is suppressing the female hormones. You are not changing the sex of that Branch really. By suppressing the female hormones a plant naturally creates pollen sacs. The resulting seeds are not considered from a hermaphrodite whatsoever. The resulting seeds are a 100% genetic copy of the plant those seeds came from and will not carry any more hermaphroditic traits at all.

Back
Top Bottom