Are feminized seeds more prone to going hermie?

don't keep those seeds.
Why not? I figure that there is a good chance there will not be a good germination rate for one. And that they will be very prone to producing plants with a very good tendency to also start showing male flowers.

they are not what you think.
Then what are they. I have to believe that the odds are that those seeds will not produce very productive plants but beyond that....??

Why not? I figure that there is a good chance there will not be a good germination rate for one. And that they will be very prone to producing plants with a very good tendency to also start showing male flowers.

Then what are they. I have to believe that the odds are that those seeds will not produce very productive plants but beyond that....??

they will be prone to hermie and be genetically inferior. don't trust seed unless you know how to breed and what you are doing. i've seen a number of grows hit the shitter because of it.

one guy i know assumes all plants make seed automatically now, every single one of his plants is a hermie. everytime he introduces a new plant it gets corrupted. it's fucking up the gene pool.

it's gotten bad enough that our commercial grows have gone back to regs, some are using their own breeding programs now.

sorry blut, but when I started growing indoors back around 2010 there was no way to buy seeds... legally, for a dumbass like me. I learned back in 84 when I grew outdoors about hermies, there were no feminized seeds then and after a whole summer watching the first 4 plants I grew all be male. Then the next summer 1 out of 4 being female I decided to try getting her to hermie. All female for the next 5 years growing outdoors. I know it's not ideal but it's kept me in weed and from taking the gas pipe. Sorry to all I offended or disappointed, I'm just trying to get by

I know it's not ideal but it's kept me in weed and from taking the gas pipe. Sorry to all I offended or disappointed, I'm just trying to get by

you gotta do what you have to.

i worked in med weed for a long time and we're very very picky about keeping genetic lines active and clean. there's a large amount of concern in that community over the sudden prevalence of new growers experimenting with sketchy genetics. it's something we don't want to see get out in the wild.

lots of myths and lies in that profession, wouldn’t you say?

not near like the crap from bro growers.

the commercial and med guys here have to follow rules or lose the licensing.

even the seed sellers have gotten sketchy. there's far too many jumped in the game recently. more and more folk are going back to legacy strains and older breeders / sellers.

not near like the crap from bro growers.

the commercial and med guys here have to follow rules
The department of cannabis control in California require med growers to follow these rules:

Cultivation license requirments
Pesticide compliance
generator reporting to the air board
electricity usage reporting
renewable energy requirements
reporting requirements
water permits

nothing about growing weed
nothing about gardening
NO KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED—just money

The department of cannabis control in California require med growers to follow these rules:

Cultivation license requirments
Pesticide compliance
generator reporting to the air board
electricity usage reporting
renewable energy requirements
reporting requirements
water permits

nothing about growing weed
nothing about gardening
NO KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED—just money

holy fuck wow.

you wouldn't believe the red tape and gov't stick up the ass here. we can't even grow outdoor or in greenhouse. all indoor, not allowed to be seen or smelled. you can't even have a sign branding the facility or what it is doing.

most places are deep in rural areas, a couple big names were allowed to build closer to bigger centers.

edit : our very first legal grows here were literally forced underground. they had to grow in decommissioned mines, that was the only place gov't here allowed it.

Back
Top Bottom