Growing inside fish tank?

On the one hand I think a tank would be great as far as ease of applying reflective materials. On the other hand, I would guess you'd need a hella deep tank to accommodate the roots. If you look at some of the pics posted in users' grow journals you'll see the roots are not insignificant. I've been studying up on DWC; since there's no soil it's very easy for our fellow forum users to show us the root development on their plants.

I'm a newb, but I think most of the vets around here would tell you there is probably a better way to go. Are you thinking soil or hydro? If you have a pic of the tank you want to use I suggest posting it to this thread; folks around here are way cool, smart, and helpful. They will point you in the right direction!

I'm assuming you'll be doing DWC, which should be fine in a fish tank if it's sturdy. You want to cover the glass so light doesn't get in. If you're doing soil or anything else I wouldn't use a glass container.

I'd recommend cheap plastic storage bins over a glass fishtank for any grow method. They're under $5 and come in many shapes and sizes.

Back
Top Bottom