growing problem you've prob heard 1000 times

mike_tildsley

ive got 15 plants in soil(3 per trough) 3 weeks into flowering, the tops of the plants (leaves) have turned gold/brown from the tips and have dried up and turned brittle, also the hairs on the budding spots are turning brown, this started this morning and the plants look half dead, now i dont think its heat cos its only affected 4 troughs at first and now the last one is just startin the same now, i dont know if its because i watered them morning (7ml of ionic bloom per 100ml water) so they cant be dry, ive used this nutrient mix for 3 weeks now so im outta ideas, using a 400wt hp about 14inchs of the top of the plants, these are growing in a cupboard where the ventilation isnt that good but air is continuously circling, hope all that helps and please be quick if u can offer any advice, this is my first grow so need as much help as possible,
thanks in advance

well I'm guessing this is soil you can flush it but it's probably not neccesary just give it a little more water than normal for awhile until it goes back to normal. Don't fertilize more than half the recommended amount

ok all flushed out and they look half dead, most of the leaves are dried up and breaking off but the stems and budding points look ok, do i cut the leaves off or let them break of naturally? theres no new growth, are these gonna be ok or am i better off ditching them and starting again with some big bud clones i got vegging?

don't ditch them til they die. Also check the heat if it's too hot for you to be comfortable it's too hot for the plant. Keep those clones as back up for now. You'll know within a week. I did the same thing and it came out great.

Hey
What you can is 2 weeks before harvest flush you plant, that will purk up the plant and when smoked you dont have a nasty taste which are caused be fertilizer,,,, now i flush my plants like this .... i have a 5 Gallon Pot for 1 plant, so this is a formula i made (# of Gallons your pot is + half the # of gallons your pot is) so for me its (5 gallons + 2.5 gallons)=7.5 gallons. so i should use 7.5 Gallons of plain water to flush your soil. Do this in a tub since youll have a lot of water draining out. You just have to do this onces and let the soil dry completey the water as normal without any ferts. for the last 2 weeks of flowering. hope that helps it may take about 1 week for the plant to show some sign of healthing.

ok all done now, all flushed out and ph tested, moved the light up a bit and taken any dead leaves off, can just see a bit of new growth so fingers crossed ppl!

it's like flushing the toilet... pour lots of water in the soil so that it washes all the stuff in the soil out the bottom of the bucket

Back
Top Bottom