New leaf problems

With tap water if its from the utility and not a well you should be letting it sit overnight to get rid of the chlorine best to aerate it with an air stone.

Water pH from the tap is usually within reason to grow. The chlorine is not.

I RO filter my water so I don't need to mess with pH.

The larger the container of soil the less you need to worry could be you soil just ran out of gas or the plant is root bound. You will find out which one soon enough.

A lot of times root bound will look like lock outs due to soil being depleted of nutrients.

With tap water if its from the utility and not a well you should be letting it sit overnight to get rid of the chlorine best to aerate it with an air stone.

Water pH from the tap is usually within reason to grow. The chlorine is not.

I RO filter my water so I don't need to mess with pH.

The larger the container of soil the less you need to worry could be you soil just ran out of gas or the plant is root bound. You will find out which one soon enough.

A lot of times root bound will look like lock outs due to soil being depleted of nutrients.
You know what, I actually have a RO filter in the kitchen. I guess I don’t know why I never used it before. Probably because I just used pH up/down and didn’t think about chlorine until now. Thanks for the suggestion!

Oh yeah use the RO water fer sure. Thats how I got started with it. We were using it for drinking and cooking and tap water for plants. The plants were dying. I switched to RO water that was like 9 years ago.

I have a dedicated 4 stage RO water filter (RO Buddie) costs me like $60 hook it up to my hose outlet and fill my reservoir with it.

I used to have a pH pen for the ph up down thing. Tested the RO water @ 6.5pH and it never changed ... tossed the pen. New home we have a well with VERY alkaline water. So had to start over with some new tricks but still using the 4 stage RO filter plants never happier.

Oh yeah use the RO water fer sure. Thats how I got started with it. We were using it for drinking and cooking and tap water for plants. The plants were dying. I switched to RO water that was like 9 years ago.

I have a dedicated 4 stage RO water filter (RO Buddie) costs me like $60 hook it up to my hose outlet and fill my reservoir with it.

I used to have a pH pen for the ph up down thing. Tested the RO water @ 6.5pH and it never changed ... tossed the pen. New home we have a well with VERY alkaline water. So had to start over with some new tricks but still using the 4 stage RO filter plants never happier.
That’s a fantastic idea. Thanks! I’m definitely switching it up. In the meantime, letting water sit overnight helps to dechlorinate?

LOL, too bad I didn’t think of that before I pitched the last one! You’re certainly right about the prices on most things in the grow shop, although I have found some exceptions. Can’t swing the Blue Labs one right now, but probably need to get something quick.

How long would you recommend watering with plain ph adjusted water for? I’m up potting tomorrow, so they’ll get fresh soil (1/2 Happy Frog 1/12 Ocean Forest).
Once your plant is past the seedling stage, usually about 4 or 5 sets of branches (nodes) skip the Happy Frog mix and put them in straight Ocean Forest, they are different mixes, with different nutrients...use Happy frog for seedling stage...use Ocean forest for veg and flower
impressive! Well now I have something new to be confused by!

So here’s the story with the nutes. My first grow with white widow, I was feeding fox farm nutes at half strength, after getting nute burn from full strength of growing previous strains. The WW developed a deficiency and a well respected member told me on a different thread that WW is a glutton and will take anything you give it. She also admonished me to follow the FF feeding schedule and levels. I went back to full strength, but the issue never really cleared up.

So basically I have heard two schools of thought on FF nutes and soils. One is that you simply follow their directions, no questions asked. The other is that both the soil and the nutes are super potent. So soil can provide nutes for a while after planting/transplanting and even when adding nutes, they should not be full strength. I’m tempted to lean towards the latter based on my own firsthand, albeit limited, experience but I’ve also be told that is just “bro science” so I’m still in limbo I guess.
Okay, you're probably talking about Em, but you're using Hydro nutrients, Organic nutrients, and Chemical nutrients all at once...they aren't going to mix well, and you will over feed if you follow directions on the Hydro nutrients. Uptake is much less rapid in DWC (hydro) than soil, hence the over feeding...
Get yourself the FF trio, Big Bloom, Grow Big, and Tiger Bloom, and NOTHING ELSE, and YES follow the recommendation for feeding once a week, UNLESS, your plants aren't taking that much water/feed...my schedule with FF nutes was water, water, feed, but only when the pot was bone dry, and the leaves "started" to wilt...
You know what, I actually have a RO filter in the kitchen. I guess I don’t know why I never used it before. Probably because I just used pH up/down and didn’t think about chlorine until now. Thanks for the suggestion!
DO NOT USE RO WATER, in Fox farms soil :thedoubletake::thedoubletake: use your tap water after it sets out for 24 hours :thumb:

I guarantee if you follow my directions, your plants will thank you :goodluck::snowboating:

Here's the feeding schedule I followed with fox farms nutrients, but as I said, water/water/feed and let the soil dry out ALL the way to the bottom between feedings and waterings...
ff.JPG

Ahhh shit...it wouldn't let me edit my post...I guess I don't have permission to edit my own fucking post :dude-knocking:

bullshit.JPG

I was trying to say, DO NOT mix the soils, you're confusing your plant with the different sets of nutrients, and all are too much when you're feeding also...

Once your plant is past the seedling stage, usually about 4 or 5 sets of branches (nodes) skip the Happy Frog mix and put them in straight Ocean Forest, they are different mixes, with different nutrients...use Happy frog for seedling stage...use Ocean forest for veg and flower

Okay, you're probably talking about Em, but you're using Hydro nutrients, Organic nutrients, and Chemical nutrients all at once...they aren't going to mix well, and you will over feed if you follow directions on the Hydro nutrients. Uptake is much less rapid in DWC (hydro) than soil, hence the over feeding...
Get yourself the FF trio, Big Bloom, Grow Big, and Tiger Bloom, and NOTHING ELSE, and YES follow the recommendation for feeding once a week, UNLESS, your plants aren't taking that much water/feed...my schedule with FF nutes was water, water, feed, but only when the pot was bone dry, and the leaves "started" to wilt...

DO NOT USE RO WATER, in Fox farms soil :thedoubletake::thedoubletake: use your tap water after it sets out for 24 hours :thumb:

I guarantee if you follow my directions, your plants will thank you :goodluck::snowboating:

Here's the feeding schedule I followed with fox farms nutrients, but as I said, water/water/feed and let the soil dry out ALL the way to the bottom between feedings and waterings...
ff.JPG
Phew! That’s a lot there, but all good stuff. Thanks! And yes, you are correct that it was Em who has given me that advice previously. The FF trio is what I have been using since my first grow. I mixd the soils based on some advice I received elsewhere (about OF being too intense for young plants like you said).

I started adding a little cal mag during my last grow to counter some deficiencies, but there’s no real reason I kept using it after that. Just habit I guess. Added FF “kelp me” and FF “microbe brew” on the advice of the grow shop attendant when my Strawberry Glue plants were looking needy and a little the worse for wear.

Again, probably didn’t need to continue with them after things turned around. I think my issue is I add things to fix problems but then don’t know when to cut it out. C’est la vie!

Drop the cal/mag you be fine.
I’ve actually dropped everything for a little bit. Up-potted with ocean forest and have been using only pH adjusted tap water that has sat out to dechlorinate, and things are looking good! Old leaves will never recover, but new growth is looking great!

I’m going to give it a week on just the water and then give only the FF “big three” following the FF feed calendar.

Back
Top Bottom