Guidance requested - Mars II 400W or 700W for box

DownLowGrow

Stealth box is 27"w x 18"d x 48"h (roughly a 3 sq/ft. horizontal growing area). I do not want to use CFL, it's time to experiment with LED in this new box.

Grow will be two autoflowers in a drip/dwc system, may employ LST or scrog based on growth.

Would the 700W Mars II be too much light for this space? While I think the 400W might be "adequate" I'm definitely willing to spend the extra $100 or so for the 700W. Either way I would choose their standard spectrum.

I obviously don't want to overpower the plants but I also don't want to skimp on lighting.

[edit] The 700 would also allow me to eventually use it in a larger space

:thanks:

Thanks for your suggestion - and for your "The basics of plant lighting" thread which was very informative.

I would like to try to understand why you suggest the reflector - is it mainly the 3W led's versus the 5W? or the lenses?

Are you thinking that the Mars II would just fry the plants?

The purpose of LEDs is to provide the best light with the lowest power consumption. The main advantage of going 3 watt over 1 watt or 5 watt over 3 watt is the canopy penetration. The reflector series will give you more than adequate coverage with lower power consumption, less heat, and a lower start-up cost.

Back
Top Bottom