Happy Cannabis Day 2018? - Really? I'm Worried

Oldbear

I'll tell you why.

Its all being set up as supply monopolies to big corporations approved by government. Retail is through provincially licensed stores - only.

It could be that the only legal source of seeds or plants is through the corporations.

The enforcement of these monopolies might be as bad or worse than the prohibition.

They have said clearly they are going to shut down all storefront dispensaries and MOM shops. Small growers will not be immune from prosecution.

The only flicker of bright light is that I can grow 4 plants. Maybe - still details to follow.

So great progress on the possession of small quantities part.

Continued bad news on the supply side.

Every forecast is that there will be a huge supply shortage compared to demand.

Thats how I see it anyway.

You aren’t seeing it wrong. Each province will control supply. It looks like the eastern half of the country will exclusively use LPs for supply & the west remains to be determined. Some provinces will allow self-grow. Concentrates & edibles will all have to the come from black market for the 1st year – presumably from MOMs - as the police shutters storefronts.

The first few months will be rough I imagine. Here we are in January & Broken Coast is so out of stock that they sent an email apologizing for their sucky inventory & promising to do better. I had to buy leaf from a MOM as fill in. Quality-wise btw, the MOMs pink kush is stronger than the BK pink . . .

Welcome to Prohibition 2.0 (as Felonius coined it).

Ian

Back
Top Bottom