Hard decisions on which Grow Tent to invest in

trippytime

Hi I'm a new noob at growing and I'm thinking on buying a secret jardin grow tent but I'm kind of at a stump. Which grow tent is the best for growing in a closet stealthfully and can house my 5gal DWC system, I've seen reviews on the DP90 which makes me think that one might be "the one" for me but IDK if my 5gal with fit let alone my plant grow fully in it. I might be not aware of a perfect tent since I'm new Any suggestions (can we keep the prices low)

Thank you for the suggestion mickfoster, and IDK how big I want it to grow. this is my second grow ever so I just want to be able to harvest at least 2 ounces IDK how big the plant has to be in oder to yield that much but if you could tell me id appreciate it. So by how tall the plant would be by harvest to yield a couple of ounces how tall does the tent have to be?

TBH Trippy, size vs weight depends a lot on strain and grow method. With the right setup and training, it doesn't take a very big area to grow a couple oz. I have a 1mx1m by 2m+ bloom room (42 inches x 40 inches x 7 feet) with 4 plants under a Mars II 900 LED. One plant yielded 72 gm (a little over 2.5 oz) on her first cut and I just did a final cut on her and that should yield another 50+ gm (almost 2 oz).

She could easily have been grown in a 2x2x4ft (60cm x 60cm x 120cm) tent and yielded as much or more. She was trained to be wide and flat rather than left to grow like a tree.

Damn that's impressive Celt so does that mean I can save money and get a 2X2X4 tent :)
Let's say IDK the strain but I want to do a scrog method of training. But let's get the real question lol any suggestion on the grow tents

Either scrog (not my style) or mainlining, which is what I was attempting but it got away from me with the cloning I was doing LOL

I don't use a tent, I build my own grow areas, but check into the Mars Hydro site. Many here use their tents and the price is good. They also have tent/light specials if you are interested in both and want an LED light.

Mars Hydro and Apollo Horticulture are the same tent different branding. Apollo can be found on Amazon. My only suggestions would be get as tall as you can to accommodate lights and carbon filter. For width and length go in increments of 2. i.e. 2x2, 4x4, 2x4 etc. I say this because most lights have a footprint in increments of 2. A 5x5 for example is hard to find a single light with a 5x5 footprint so you have to get multiple lights. I have a 5x5 and 3 144x5 Reflectors to cover a 6x6 area.

Get steel interlocking poles with metal corners, the plastic corners break.

I have a Growlab GL80 and it's OK but not great, it's not total light proof at the zipper, seems and velcro window seal, so I can't recommend Growlab tents.

I just got a Homebox Q120 but I haven't assembled it yet so I can't say if it's better yet - Hopefully I'll have it up and running in a few days and then I'll let you know.

Try checking out ebay there's a lot of cheap tents and kits.

Oh yeah you might wanna order some spare poles if possible it's nice to have some extra support and more places to hang all the stuff you want in there.

Happy growing:)

I didn't know you could use ebay. And im leaning towards the Mars hydro 2'3"X2'3"x 5'3" tent is that a good size for a few plants. Also I have another question what would be a good vent setup for this tent? Or any tent really just for a few plants I'm growing for personal use thanks everyone for the knowledge.

I have a Secret jardin (4x4) and a Apollo grow tent. I prefer the Secret Jardin. The Apollo leaks light form the zipper but also had metal burs on the poles that had to be removed or bent and tapped so it wouldn't damage the tent. That said it was almost half the of Secret jardin. You may also want a tent that can grow more then 1 plant just in case you have an issue and a plant needs to be culled. I have a Can fan and carbon filter for exhaust and 3 smaller fans inside to blow the air around. Also run a humidifier during veg in the tent and a small heater outside the tent that connects to my intake to get the temps up when lights are on. With my tent in the basement its usually around 65 down there. My light is Mars 900 and doesn't produce enough heat on its own to get the temps up over 75. Cheers :Rasta:

Got my Homebox Evolution set up and it's a decent sturdy tent it's totally lightproof, but lack some features like double sealed inlets and the bottom is not part of the tent itself so it's not as air tight as I'd like.
So I'd recommend something cheaper.
Some I know of are Mars Hydro, Pure Factory, Lite Box, Kinggreen.

Marshydro is one of the best lower cost tents.I used one for years and nothing failed but light leaks it had in many places.
Zippers are very good and after 2 years of using every zipper daily non failed or locked up.
Every tent will have a light leak somewhere but some duct tape or orca film can fix that.
A pin hole of light can ruin your harvest and don’t forget that leds on electronics.Also if your ducts are straight light can travel through ducts also.
So set up everything except plants in tent then climb inside and look for light leaks.
A friend with a flashlight can shine it on every sq in of tent in minutes.
Once you get all your leaks covered then your ready .
Humidifier,fans,etc.... can have small leds that light up if plugged in.Those can ruin a crop.

I’m rocking a Vivosun 4x4x6 and it’s great. Quality seems really decent. And it uses all metal hardware. It also has nice high-quality zippers. They are also a really great price.

Since it's your first tent I would also make sure to get one as tall as your closet will allow--you can always lower your light it can only go up so far. I also ran out of headroom in my little 2x4x5 my first time.

Back
Top Bottom