Harvest, drying and curing

LelandBelloff

420 Member
So I just got done a grape ape grow. I left everything to harvest until trichomes were at 30% amber. Left to dry for 7 days then cleaned and jarred.
My question the smell is nice but not NICE!! And the buds are not dense nuggets they are ok but the felt denser during my grow! Did I do something wrong?

Hard to say, what was the humidity of the room when you were drying and how long, and now that they are curing are you monitoring humidity. I am not that experienced, but from the few grows I have done the drying process is critical, too fast and too low of a humidity it smells like barn grass.

Aroma will improve with time.
I have some jarred up right now that doesn't smell as nice as they did on the plant....BUT with time they will get that niiice smell going. Gave some to a buddy to try and he mentioned cracking the jar open for a whiff and could smell it from outside of his house!

50 percent humidity until the outside is crunchy. Then to cure and burp for a week or so. If you hang the whole plant upside down it will dry slower and take longer. You got gedova or whatever bags in for the cure but what was humidity when drying?

Humidity was always at 50 % during the dry and it was a slow dry then a good haircut and into jars. They smell really good not like hay! But the bugs were way denser on the plant

Back
Top Bottom