Harvesting room setup question

Interpreter

420 Member
First time grower here. Buddy gave me some seeds from his trip to Jamaica. I germinated them last March. Plants are now 7 months old. Their monsters. 2 females, one topped the other not. Wanted to see for myself the difference. The untopped girl is 12'4" and the topped one is 10'6". Outdoor grow in pro mix along with some sheep manure. 25% of trichs milky but interestingly few of the pitils have changed color.
I've been reading like mad the various articles on harvesting. Many of the old schoolers say hang the whole plant. Many others say cut and hang individual branches. I have a big garage with 12' ceilings and could actually hang the whole plant. Windows will be covered and humidifier,small fan on hand with a humidity meter so I have full environment control.
I don't mind doing the work, have patience and am in no rush and want to do it right. So now a few questions.
Take the fan leafs off before hanging or leave them on? Whole plant hung or individual limbs? Wet trim or dry trim?I've read so many views/articles I've spun myself out. Would really appreciate hearing from the wise older growers here.

Weasel Forges Ahead

the link above

this fella is harvesting right now, he is a true cannabis meistro,, go to the end of his journal, big plants, not big as yours, but are there any others as big as yours anywhere?? nice work

me,, wet trim, individual limbs,

P1170268.JPG

cheers,, oh,, and,, :bravo:

P1170009.JPG

wow,, long way to go looks like,, just plain fine,, cheers

Yes I will probably run out of weather before they be full potential ready. I had a sample recently and I'm happy so if the weather runs out they get chopped. Frost warning tonight and they have a couple big tarps on em.

ah,, we may live at similar latitudes, i have an outdoor plant as well, biggest plant i have ever grown,

P1170329-1.jpg

it has been well below normal temps round here and this one has really developed some nice colour,, but i might run out of frost free nights soon as well,,

tonight maybe too,, oh well, fine plant anyway,, it is a photo, , meaning not an auto,, so required a light change, as yours did

tougher up in the nothernish climes,, cheers again friend

Personally, I do not hang to whole plant. I cut branches off and then I wet trim. Really it depends on your humidity in the barn. If it is high humidity then I would definitely wet trim. Low, you can leave as much foliage on the plant and let it dry.

Not planning on harvesting yet but just planning ahead. Still don't know how I'm going to harvest. Whole plant hung with fan leaves on or fan leaves stripped and individual limbs cut and hung. I want a nice slow dry. I think???

Nivek that's got some awesome color! Well done. In your harvest picture you are drying outside in the light. Everything I've read indicate that's a no no. Your thoughts and results?

Not planning on harvesting yet but just planning ahead. Still don't know how I'm going to harvest. Whole plant hung with fan leaves on or fan leaves stripped and individual limbs cut and hung. I want a nice slow dry. I think???
If you want a nice slow dry, then dig them up and hang that tree with the roots attached. I have not tried this but I have read about people drying that way

Nivek that's got some awesome color! Well done. In your harvest picture you are drying outside in the light. Everything I've read indicate that's a no no. Your thoughts and results?

HHa, yes, observant of you,, i only had it outside to do the trimming and take the pic,, then inside it went,, and folks say no fan blowing directly on the drying buds,, dunna know why for sure, just some say it

CCheers agin friend

Back
Top Bottom