What Do You Do?

Koolbudz

About to harvest these last two plants and just wondering what you all do. I am debating hanging the whole plant rather than trimming and hanging each branch or trimming and rack drying. I did a few branches without trimming anything and the buds seemed to have more crystals when I ended up trimming.

So how do you do your chop?

I wet trim the individual branches, and hang them up to dry for 5 or 6 days, then they go into the jars.
I tried dry trimming once- didn't care for it- but lots of folks dry trim and swear by it.

I trim the branches. I ran string through a cardboard box so I have a place to hang them.

I've been wanting to try hanging the enter plant, but I have no place to hang it from.

I can hang entire plant but the humidity is only around 33 on a good day and usually around 27. So do i need to worry about it drying to fast and has anyone heard or know about the paper bag in fridge method? I have 1 ready to chop

I can hang entire plant but the humidity is only around 33 on a good day and usually around 27. So do i need to worry about it drying to fast and has anyone heard or know about the paper bag in fridge method? I have 1 ready to chop
Really needs to be around 65%.

I wet trim and dry in the pot.
Organic soil auto grower.

Wet trim.jpg

Drying buds.jpg

I ended up hanging entire plant(s), trying to keep temp and humidity in check but my room is not real easy to control (cheap equipment). Room smells good.... right around 66f with 53% humidity gonna dry quicker than I want, but I did leave all leaves on to help with that since I had an idea I would struggle a little.. this is one of 2, other plant smaller.
0214212207.jpg

Last season I hung bigger branches; did wet trim; and using a dehumidifier and AC kept it to 20c and 55%RH. It took 2 weeks to dry.

Looks like you've got it set up well. Dont forget a little bit of air movement too

I wet trim my branches. And I save the sugar leaves for making butter.

This time out, I'll do a partial harvest and give the popcorn buds a chance to grow.

What benefits have you noticed from this method? And how does it work? Do you just leave it in the grow room with the fan blowing in the dark? For how long? Do you jar immediately after cutting? I'm just curious, it sounds like a good method.

Benefits - Less work, slow dry to a 10-15% bud moisture content which takes 14-20 days with gentle, indirect air movement. The buds separate from the stem with a slight "flick" of closed blade shears, rarely requiring cutting
and I do jar immediately. But the main benefit, taste and a smoothness that is very enjoyable.

IMG_20200612_100557067 (2).jpg

So then it begs the question, 'Is hanging upside down necessary or just convention? ', when cutting the main stem or branches.

Do you hang the whole plant in the dark?
Yes, (large limbs), but only because I was instructed to do so a long time ago by those I thought knew better than me. Like so much about growing weed it may have been conjecture that simply became convention. Hanging plants upside down is easier and tidier, but maybe it makes no difference to the finished product. Maybe it's better?

Back
Top Bottom