Has My Plant Turned Hermie?

dkparker

For grow info My Grow Journal is Here

So I noticed this morning as I was raising my lights a few inches these pods on my stems. From what I've read, it looks like what happens when a plant turns hermie, is that what I'm seeing? And if so, these would be pollen sacs? Looking at it is a little confusing to me because the look like pollen sacs but then they seem to have pistils coming out of them, and I didn't know if that's how it worked.

This is my only plant and I've read that it's only a danger if you have a multiple plant grow in the same tent, so is there anything I should do? Do I need to cut the sacs off or are they ok to leave alone? Also, will this make my buds less potent or affect the quality of the buds?

I've tried to keep my light and temperature consistent, if she/he? has indeed turned hermie I guess I must have had the light too intense in my tent. Thanks for your help.

h1.PNG

h2.PNG

You're all good. The pods on hermies don't have that female hair coming out, it would be pollen instead. I get lots of those type on my outdoor plants, and every once in a while there is a naturally occurring seed in there. My last hermie-
582122F1-7265-4D18-B4A1-F76A218337CC.jpeg

You're all good. The pods on hermies don't have that female hair coming out, it would be pollen instead. I get lots of those type on my outdoor plants, and every once in a while there is a naturally occurring seed in there.

Whew, thank you, that's a huge relief!!! I was really worried I'd screwed things up somehow. So if there winds up being a naturally occurring seed in the pods on my plant, I assume they would be sterile and not able to germinate since there's no possibility of self pollination?

White lights

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean? Are you saying there's too much white light in my spectrum and that's caused the pods? Or I've exposed the plant to too much white light? My tent is pretty tight and I don't see any leaks, and I only pull here out once a week. If it is white light it must be because my grow lights are crap.

The lighting and pics are terrible but from what I can make out it looks like swollen calyx's.

Yea sorry for the quality of the pics, I didn't want to pull her out of the tent and was hoping those pics would be clear enough to tell what is happening. After looking up some pics I think you're right though, it does look the examples I found for swollen calyx's. So if what I read is accurate, this is a good thing because they swell due to no pollination? Seems like I learn something new about every day of this grow, thanks for your input.

No I believe what was meant was, take some pictures under white light or natural light. It make it easier for us to see the issues.

Ah, I see, sorry! From now on when I take pictures I'll be sure to take her out under white light.

Back
Top Bottom