Hash Making

Re: Roseman's Hash Making

Hi everyone. Roseman and others can you tell me how dry the leaves have to be before you process them? Somehow I completely missed that they had to be dry and I threw them in the freezer fresh from trimming. So now I have frozen ice crystal wet trim :(. Do you think I can I dry them out and refreeze them? I appreciate all your help and ideas. Im bummed I screwed this up.

You didn't screw up bad.

If you do it carefully, you can dry them now, just for two or 3 days, stirring often but slow and gentley until those ice crystals are gone.

I have a little over an oz of dried sugar leaves.

I was wondering about how much hash I can expect from that. The reason I'm asking is because I know I can cook up budder for almost free, but to make hash, I'm looking at a $25 screen and $10 clay press.

What would you do?
About how much hash can I expect from an oz of coated sugar leaves?

I have this same post on another hash making thread.
But now that I read thru some of this thread again, I think I'm going to buy the products, make some hash, and then make some budder with the left overs.

Hard to say since all sugar leaf is not created equal but if I had to guess I'd say around 5-6 grams. The $25 screen is priced about right but those $10 presses are almost worthless. With those presses you can get it to a stage but then you would want to bake it at 175* for 10 minutes and squeeze the hell out of it while warm to get a solid press.

I have a little over an oz of dried sugar leaves.

I was wondering about how much hash I can expect from that. The reason I'm asking is because I know I can cook up budder for almost free, but to make hash, I'm looking at a $25 screen and $10 clay press.

What would you do?
About how much hash can I expect from an oz of coated sugar leaves?

I have this same post on another hash making thread.
But now that I read thru some of this thread again, I think I'm going to buy the products, make some hash, and then make some budder with the left overs.

What kind of hash? What way will you extract?

Returns are roughly 10% when using the water/ice extraction method. 100 grams trim would = 10 grams quality hash. 28 grams trim ~ 2.8 grams hash. Roughly, of course. Some variables come into play.

Once run through the ice/water extraction there is no use for it in budder, other then to add a cannabis flavor. Water/hash takes away up to 90% and up of THC and trichomes. So, no use for it after you extract. Just toss it.

If you are talking about kief, and not hash... then you sift the bud/trim/skuff over a screen and collect the dust. Lots more leaf material get in. This keif is less potent then water hash, but easier to make. You do not need to press keif, its optional. Dry sift keif, I normally keep in powder form to sprinkle over a bowl.

As for butter or hash? With only one ounce trim, I would not be able to make any butter. Not enough anyway. I use 1 ounce trim for every 1/4 pound of butter. That is one ounce for every stick of butter. Most recipes I know of, that are worth making, require at LEAST 2 sticks, or half pound butter. So... if I was you, I wouldn't have enough product to bake brownies!

I would invest in Sprung Bags. Much like bubblebags, they will help you create a superb hash. Much better then what most are used to. Once you get the process down, you'll instantly be more popular with your friends. Everyone is down with hash, and quality hash is damn hard to come by. Dispensaries are also often looking for quality hash makers more so then quality ganja growers. Just something to think about.

:goodluck:

If I used a bag of weed, low grade but has some kief crystals in the bottom and on the leaves, say 11grams, will that get some hash, and how much?

If I used a bag of weed, low grade but has some kief crystals in the bottom and on the leaves, say 11grams, will that get some hash, and how much?

I' ve seen many take a bag of bricked commerical weed, break it up, throw it in the freezer, then into a large jar with panty hose stretched over the opening and shake out 2 or 3 grams of keif. Was not the highest grade, I am sure, but still kick-ass smoke.

A more refined recovery system would be much better.

Great thread Roseman, thank you!

I also haven't smoked any hash since 1973, when I was 18. Family took an all-inclusive trip to Grand Bahama Island. Great place. It was fully staffed by locals and I swear anytime I was alone and passed one of them they'd ask "Want some hash mon?".

I was worried they wanted to rob me or something so I always said no. Finally when a guy I kinda recognized asked me I asked how much, he said $20. I said ok, he directs me to a public mens room. I figure I'll be lucky if I only get mugged at this point. But he comes in, I give him the money and he hands me a brick of hash I couldn't believe. This thing was about 3" x 5" by at least an inch thick.

Now I was down there with my very straight parents and siblings and had no idea how to smoke it. I'd take a walk and break off a chunk and light the tip and snort it. I finally devised a simple bong with a glass and tin foil.

So our vacation ends in 2 days and I still have 90% of it left, no way I'm gonna leave it behind. Wrapped it in a baggie and stuck it down my pants. When we hit Customs in Miami I was so nervous I was sure everyone could tell I was carrying. Bunch of cops all over the terminal. But I stuck close to the family and made it through. I'm sure that would not be good advice these days.

Anyhow me and my friends smoked that chunk all summer. This thread brings back great memories and info, cause I always wondered how it was made. Now I know and if all goes well I'll be making my own in about 8 weeks. Thanks again!

Great thread Roseman, thank you!

I also haven't smoked any hash since 1973, when I was 18. Family took an all-inclusive trip to Grand Bahama Island. Great place. It was fully staffed by locals and I swear anytime I was alone and passed one of them they'd ask "Want some hash mon?".

I was worried they wanted to rob me or something so I always said no. Finally when a guy I kinda recognized asked me I asked how much, he said $20. I said ok, he directs me to a public mens room. I figure I'll be lucky if I only get mugged at this point. But he comes in, I give him the money and he hands me a brick of hash I couldn't believe. This thing was about 3" x 5" by at least an inch thick.

Now I was down there with my very straight parents and siblings and had no idea how to smoke it. I'd take a walk and break off a chunk and light the tip and snort it. I finally devised a simple bong with a glass and tin foil.

So our vacation ends in 2 days and I still have 90% of it left, no way I'm gonna leave it behind. Wrapped it in a baggie and stuck it down my pants. When we hit Customs in Miami I was so nervous I was sure everyone could tell I was carrying. Bunch of cops all over the terminal. But I stuck close to the family and made it through. I'm sure that would not be good advice these days.

Anyhow me and my friends smoked that chunk all summer. This thread brings back great memories and info, cause I always wondered how it was made. Now I know and if all goes well I'll be making my own in about 8 weeks. Thanks again!

Your psot made me smile and brought me joy.

Glad to meet you BlueDog. Very glad you are here. Do you have a journal here? Please let me know when you start making that hash.
Peace

Got my screen as a fathers day present from my wife.

I froze the z of sugar leaves for a few hours, removed about half and placed them on the screen. while moving the leaves around the screen, I decided to grind them in the hand grinder a little because it didn't seem what I was doing would work well. After grinding, the going was better. I scraped the leaves around the screen with a plastic card for 10 minutes. In a pinch I used parchment paper to capture the goods.

I scraped up a pile about the size of 3 quarters.

We promptly smoked a heavily keef topped bowl, pressed tight. she had a 4 hits and I kept smoking til it was cashed.

we were both asleep about 10 minutes after commenting how how we were. lol.

That first test was after a long, long day. So it was not a big surprise that it knocked us out.

I pressed some and have smoke it a couple of times since.

Let me tell you my friend.

I have not smoked the bong in a couple of days now because this stuff does the job so well.

Big thanks brother Roseman.

Got my screen as a fathers day present from my wife.

I froze the z of sugar leaves for a few hours, removed about half and placed them on the screen. while moving the leaves around the screen, I decided to grind them in the hand grinder a little because it didn't seem what I was doing would work well. After grinding, the going was better. I scraped the leaves around the screen with a plastic card for 10 minutes. In a pinch I used parchment paper to capture the goods.

I scraped up a pile about the size of 3 quarters.

We promptly smoked a heavily keef topped bowl, pressed tight. she had a 4 hits and I kept smoking til it was cashed.

we were both asleep about 10 minutes after commenting how how we were. lol.

That first test was after a long, long day. So it was not a big surprise that it knocked us out.

I pressed some and have smoke it a couple of times since.

Let me tell you my friend.

I have not smoked the bong in a couple of days now because this stuff does the job so well.

Big thanks brother Roseman.

Yep, ain't nothing like to to compare to. Sounds like a SUPER Father's Day . I'm Happy for you.

The KIEF will smoke much sloer and alst longer if ti is comrpessed, caked ro baked into hash.
I rake mine around for 5 mintues, about two heaping table spoons at a time, (see start of thread) and refreeze it and do it a total of 4 times.

Your psot made me smile and brought me joy.

Glad to meet you BlueDog. Very glad you are here. Do you have a journal here? Please let me know when you start making that hash.
Peace

Thanks for the kind words Roseman, I really appreciate your informative posts. I don't have a journal but I do have 6 nice females 3 weeks into flower, combo of cfl's and sunlight. This is my first grow and I've made every mistake possible, but the plants have hung tough and 4 of them are looking great. If I can keep the bugs at bay I think I'll be real happy in a few more months.

Thanks for the kind words Roseman, I really appreciate your informative posts. I don't have a journal but I do have 6 nice females 3 weeks into flower, combo of cfl's and sunlight. This is my first grow and I've made every mistake possible, but the plants have hung tough and 4 of them are looking great. If I can keep the bugs at bay I think I'll be real happy in a few more months.

Good Luck with the grow.

I find it impossible for me to be successful growing outdoors now.

Yep, ain't nothing like to to compare to. Sounds like a SUPER Father's Day . I'm Happy for you.

The KIEF will smoke much sloer and alst longer if ti is comrpessed, caked ro baked into hash.
I rake mine around for 5 mintues, about two heaping table spoons at a time, (see start of thread) and refreeze it and do it a total of 4 times.

lol, you type so stoned some times. i love it

I leave the office at 4:30, and typed that at 4:29, so I didn't have time to edit it.
I normally type fast, make a lot of errors, re-read it and then correct it.

But that is why I seldom get on at night, after 8 pm. I can't type stoned and after about 8 or 9 pm, I get to where I don't care either. LOL

I leave the office at 4:30, and typed that at 4:29, so I didn't have time to edit it.
I normally type fast, make a lot of errors, re-read it and then correct it.

But that is why I seldom get on at night, after 8 pm. I can't type stoned and after about 8 or 9 pm, I get to where I don't care either. LOL

I wouldn't have edited that post. I thought it was perfect as I was so stoned I didn't notice anything wrong until I was sober.

Good Luck with the grow.

I find it impossible for me to be successful growing outdoors now.

I couldn't afford enough lights and the electric to trust growing inside this time, hopefully next time.

I had to pitch one of my 'girls' when she sprouted balls all over, I'm just hoping I got him out of there in time. I moved in one of my backup plants that I know is a F but I'm concerned because it got a bad nute burn earlier and lost most of her fan leaves.

My huge mistake was the soil. I've got some old potted plant soil, some organic soil, and unfortunately I bought 2 big bags of Scotts topsoil with ferts. I think of that stuff as poison now. Between the herb and the beans and tomatoes I've got different soils all over the place and it's been driving me crazy. Oh well, next time will be much better I hope. Sorry to hijack your thread.

Back
Top Bottom