Heat Damage

OlderStoner

Okay, first off, thanks to everyone who helped and offered advice in my last grow. I learned a lot and this latest grow is going so well. The plants are little longer in the tooth than I read about in most journals but I've learned not to be in a hurry. I bought a 5x5 grow tent and another 600w vented light hood. I leave the tent open during the day and have two fans, one of them a large one blowing fairly briskly into the tent. In addition I have another exhaust fan with ducting blowing straight into the hoods all day. The heat buildup is starting to concern me though. When I check the temp in the tent it's almost always above 78° F and usually in the mid 80's F. Yes, I know too hot, but it's what I get with that two-light setup. Some of the plants are showing signs of distress and I assume this is from too much heat. The tops of the plants are 12" from the bottom of the lights and I've raised the lights as far as I can go in that tent without taking the hooks out and hanging the light directly to the support rods. I don't anticipate much more growth in height with these ladies. The tallest ones are about 32" now and that's from the top of the soil which is about 8-12" off the floor in the pots. I've attached a photo of one of the areas I'm concerned about. I've been feeding them sparingly and we just hit 19 days into 12/12 flowering period. This last feeding was at 1/2 of the FF regime dosage. I don't dare hit these things with full dose after what happened in the last grow. You can see the ends of the leaves showing what looks like nute burn but I'm wondering if it's from the heat.

Sorry about the quality, but this was the best I could get with my phone and the available light.

PossibleHeatDamage.jpg

Back
Top Bottom