Heat stress or something else?

Lazarus13

I have a white widow clone in dwc in a 3x2 tent and its showing some problems that i would like opinions on.
I have a 400 watt hps on 12/12 and 2 mars 300 old style lights that come on for the last 6 hours of 12/12. The hps was about 10 inches away on 100% when the crinkling started showing so i moved it as far up as i can. Now its about 12inches or so away and I've turned it down to 50% power because it looked to me like it was getting too hot. The pistils and trichomes were not forming correctly on the tops directly under the hps like they are under the leds. Does anyone agree that that's what this looks like or could i be missing something.
My last harvest with just leds was nice and frosty but lacked some bulk so i got the mh/hps to give it a boost. l have the hid fixture as high as it will go, so if this is heat/light issues and turning the power down doesnt help, i guess my next step will be just going back to led only.
Oh, tent temps are between 78°F and 71°F, humidity is mid 50s, rez ph stays between 5.6 and 6.0, there is a fan blowing across the tops of the plant and my intake is pulling cool air from my central a/c vent.
420-magazine-mobile75455446.jpg

420-magazine-mobile254291752.jpg

420-magazine-mobile194868090.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1841904875.jpg

The last pic is from right on the line between hid and led so you can see the difference.

Sent from my LGLS990 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I agree with your thoughts its light stress , next grow you could train them to be lower and bend everything downward into a linear spread. Then again a new tent might be in order. I like that idea , progression always seems to come at a cost $ but is worth it !

Back
Top Bottom