Hello all! New to growing, now let's make some Hydro

Cangineer

420 Member
Hey all, greetings from chilly Boston! I've joined with some friends to start a small hobbyist grow op and have taken on complete responsibility for planning the setup and growing technique so our first crop comes out top shelf and in great quantity!

I've already done a ton of reading, a lot of it on this site, and have what I think is a pretty solid plan. However I have ZERO previous experience with gardening of any kind so tips/criticism is much appreciated!!

So far, the plan is to grow 2 photo plants (diff strains) and 6 auto plants simultaneously in a deep water culture setup with 3 separate 10 gallon bins. I've specced a 950 GPH commercial pump to feed to 2 large air stones per bin, which should provide an excess of oxygen regardless of lighting.

The photo plants will be grown under chicken wire, trained, and mainlined for a "screen of green" approach to absorb as much light as humanly possible.

The auto plants will be pretty much left alone to do their thing closely packed in one bin following the "sea of green" method.

We will be using general hydro 3 part fertilizer with the rapidstart to promote early prolific root growth.

All of this will be in a DIY mylar lined grow room with proper ventilation and temperature controls.

During the flowering stage, multiple dehumidifiers will be used to promote resin production by lowering the humidity.

The one thing I'm not confident about is the lighting. Initially I had planned on using a single Higrow 1500w or 2000w equivalent full spectrum LED very high above the plants for a total lighting cost of $150 to 220 depending on 1500w or 2000.
It may be better however to use several smaller lights located closer to the plants to better distribute the light, or utilize a mirror array to spread out the large LEDs output... Choices choices, anyone care to comment?

Anyways, hello all, and I hope to be able to share both the everyday log of our grow as well as closed loop BHO production with heat assisted vacuum purging for our trim :)

Welcome to 420 magazine Cangineer
I do hydro flood & drain . I see your ready to start a journal! We have sponsors and members in here that can help you with those lights to send you in the right direction! Do you have a preview of your grow?

Back
Top Bottom