Hello everyone - I'm a newbie and would like to know how to pre-treat my soil

Depending on how much soil you are dealing with but if a relatively small quantity you could put in a big dutch oven and heat treat it in the oven.

I treat my grow medium with Beneficial Nematodes. They come on a little sponge that you release in water and then just water your grow pots. The nematodes eat lots of soil born insects and larvae. I'm currently using them to treat for some fungus gnats that I have discovered.

Depending on how much soil you are dealing with but if a relatively small quantity you could put in a big dutch oven and heat treat it in the oven.

I treat my grow medium with Beneficial Nematodes. They come on a little sponge that you release in water and then just water your grow pots. The nematodes eat lots of soil born insects and larvae. I'm currently using them to treat for some fungus gnats that I have discovered.
Thank you ! where can I buy those sponges? I have 5 7 gallon grow bags plan on 40/60 perlite. Should I apply any diamatacious earth?

You can get them at most garden centers or on places like Amazon. I have some that are suppose to arrive today.

I added diatomacioius earth to my recent grow (in CoCo). I also dust it on the top of my soil. I bought this neat little duster on Amazon also.

For soil use neem+karanja cake/meal(can use neem only if you can't source karanja), mix it in a couple weeks before using your soil, absolutely huge pests/disease deterrent and is a great source of food for the plants
Thank you very much !! I might consider growing in Coco as well. Thank you once again great stuff here !

Back
Top Bottom